Favourite Pilot Episode of a TV Series

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Breaking Bad's was absolutely perfect, but since it hasn't been mentioned, I'll go with Person of Interest. It was a great introduction to all the characters and the weird dynamics of the show.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined)
The mini-series was the pilot, and I loved every second of it.
Also the first episode of the regular series was kickass.

So either way I liked it pilot.

Dec 14, 2009
The Firefly pilot was pretty damn amazing, it gave me a great vibe about what the show was about and really got me in the mood to watch more.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
This might sound clishee, but not reading the books and watching the pilot of Game of Thrones I knew for a fact that it was going to be my favorite TV series of all time.

I am really a sucker for fantasy/medieval setting over sci fi.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I still think that Walking Dead hasn't been able to re-create its pilot on a quality level. If there's one thing to learn about 28 days later and Walking dead, guys waking up in hospital during a zombie apocalypse always makes a good introduction to the story.

Without quoting the other guys, Community had a great pilot. I'm hoping the return of Dan Harmon will bring back the wits and charm the show lost during season 4.

I liked the pilot for the spin-off series of Angel. It's not flashy, but it gets the job done to introduce a good series.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
I still remember first episode of Lost. It introduced us to the characters and setting and have also made us think that there is definitely something fishy about the island.

And recently Almost Human had a really good pilot. Amazing setting, good visual effects and incredibly endearing characters with cool chemistry.

Traveling Hero

Jun 3, 2012
Came in to say The Shield, figuring I'd be alone on it. Nice to see that others loved it as much as I did. That show had some weak bits in the middle, but it had not only my favorite Pilot Episode, but my favorite Final Episode as well.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Married with Children, but I guess that's kind of cheating since it has been & possibly always will be my favorite TV series. But it DOES make me have to wonder if the series would have been as good with the original cast for Bud & Kelley. Lastly, many episodes of the show are pilots for failed spinoffs.