Favourite shout?

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Fieldy409 said:
Ilikemilkshake said:
Private Custard said:
Ilikemilkshake said:
Ive only found 8 so far, but my favourite so far is Storm Call... It creates a badass lightening storm, doesnt really do much but like i said, makes you feel like a total badass.
Wait until you get the higher levels of it and then get into a fight with a load of giants and mammoths. Run away and let the sky do the work!

I used it against a dragon on Sunday......took it out in about 10 seconds with some huge lightning strikes!!

Awesome! Now i just need to recreate that screen with my own character.
also, how do you get the other words of a shout? theres a few that ive discovered but it didnt actually unlock the second word despite me finding the wall for it.. do i need to go through more of the main quest?
You need to spend a dragon soul for each of the three words of a shout.
Hmm.. thats odd then because i know for a fact i got the second word for 'marked for death' from the dark brotherhood sanctuary, but its not showing the second word, or the ability to unlock it.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
unrelenting force
mostly because you can comepletly upgrade it simply by doing a couple Greybeard quests

i do have ten shouts already and i'm only level 15
been killing dragons over and over, time after time, without difficulty
and i have no idea why it's this easy

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Heppenfeph said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Heppenfeph said:
So far the shouts I use the most are Aura Whisper and Marked for Death. Both are useful in their own way.
I have a question: Where do I get the dragon soul that unlocks Marked for Death? I have two of the words for it, but I still need the soul to unlock it.
You don't need a specific soul to unlock it. If you mean the first word then you find that at the
dark brotherhood sanctuary
I have two words, but I can't use it. I have like 10 dragon souls. It just says "needs dragon soul". I may be missing something obvious here. I didn't see the "unlock shout" option. Yep, I'm a moron.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Heppenfeph said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Heppenfeph said:
So far the shouts I use the most are Aura Whisper and Marked for Death. Both are useful in their own way.
I have a question: Where do I get the dragon soul that unlocks Marked for Death? I have two of the words for it, but I still need the soul to unlock it.
You don't need a specific soul to unlock it. If you mean the first word then you find that at the
I have two words, but I can't use it. I have like 10 dragon souls. It just says "needs dragon soul". I may be missing something obvious here. I didn't see the "unlock shout" option. Yep, I'm a moron.
Dont worry, theres heaps of people talking about how their shouts dont work and i suspect 90% of them are making the same mistake!

I.N.producer

May 26, 2011
Fagotto said:
Baneat said:
Aprilgold said:
The one that gives zero bonuses what so ever. Its a Talos thingy, its quite hilarious.

EARN 0% BONUS TO YOUR SHOUT CASTING WITH THIS ENABLED!

So funny.
My Talos' Amulet gives me 20% reduction on the length of time before a shout is usable again. Maybe it was fixed in a patch?
Mine does as well, but when I went to a shrine of Talos I found that the blessing it gave me was a 0% bonus -__-
Maybe the zero bonus was a joke. The Thalmor say Talos isn't a real god, so why would he give boosts. Or it's a glitch, and I prefer to read more clever things into it than just incompetence.

I hardly use shouts at all. I usually just use whirlwind dash to travel faster or Unrelenting force to stun dragons. I only have about 5 shouts though.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
distortedreality said:
The freezing time one is really useful.
/second this

There was a boss-mage who would have been practically impossible to beat without it. He would kill me in three spells if I went out into the open, so I took to hiding in a corner then jumping out and activating time slow, getting a few swipes of the sword in, then hiding again.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Fieldy409 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Heppenfeph said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Heppenfeph said:
Dont worry, theres heaps of people talking about how their shouts dont work and i suspect 90% of them are making the same mistake!
Where is the option to unlock the next word? because i honestly dont see it anywhere
here's a screenshot of my game, you probably cant tell from it but im standing infront of the wall in the dark brotherhood.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Actually I've noticed myself using the detect life one very frequently, it's brilliant for a stealth character and I like how it give the impression you *blink* as you whisper the words, then see through walls whilst determining friend/foe.

But my favourite is still FusRoeDah. You're gonnna 1 hit my Giant? FUSROEDAH! Now time to get out of here whilst he's bouncing off rocks.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
The one where you summon a dragon to help you. It has a three hundred second cooldown, which sucks, but it's also insanely awesome.

Flip-Shying

Jun 22, 2011
Elemental Fury, of course. I unleash havoc upon everyone with my dual wielded swords and the extra attack speed definitely helps.

Hypertion

May 10, 2011
Fieldy409 said:
I don't even think I need to say what game I'm talking about here... So escapists, what's your favorite dragon shout in skyrim? Mines ice form, freezing the enemies in front of me is a good panic button if I need to heal.
i would say yes you do because i am one who likes to take things WAY too literal.

as a result i will give you 2 answers. one for my own pleasure and another as an acual answer.

CHEESE

Odahviing

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
FUS RO DA!

Honestly, cannot beat the first shout I got, not to mention it has saved my ass on numerous occasions.For example I was being chased on a cliff by 2 ice trolls at a point in the game where I had trouble taking on even one. I had to get away quick, and needed some time. I turned around gave a good FUS, and sent them both toppling over the edge and rolling down the mountain, where of course they lost sight and ended combat.

Fenrisulfr

Mar 15, 2011
Ilikemilkshake said:
Ive only found 8 so far, but my favourite so far is Storm Call... It creates a badass lightening storm, doesnt really do much but like i said, makes you feel like a total badass.
Storm Call above all. I saved before trying it out since I was in Windhelm and just wanted to see what it did. It sent my bounty way up. Hah. Thankfully, as I mentioned before, I saved.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Odbarc said:
Fieldy409 said:
Odbarc said:
I've yet to get a shout. Tee hee. Level 23.
Really? I thought the dragons show up anyway, and you wouldn't be able to help finding words since they are everywhere right?
I found one, but I can't use it yet. I need to learn the first quest one first, I guess. I did a lot of serious pick pocketing and other thievery so my level is hugely inflated so fighting is pretty tough right now. I basically need to sneak-attack everyone or I end up getting overwhelmed quickly.

Doing nonessential skills like alchemy and such really proved to be quite worthless in the short run.
Well, it makes sense. If all your character did was sneak and steal, you can't really fight head-to-head with anyone.

But lucky for you there's no level scaling... I remember meeting a necromancer in some cottage, and if not for my Lydia I'd have been dead in 5 seconds.

I use either Ice Form or Fire Breath. Kinda wish there were other breaths (like Thunder Roar or Shadow Breath). But Ice Form is fun as a mage, when I freeze enemies, then wait for mana or just set up explosive wards around them.

Fire Breath is awesome for sneak kills in Dark Brotherhood, though.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Abedeus said:
Odbarc said:
Fieldy409 said:
Odbarc said:
I've yet to get a shout. Tee hee. Level 23.
Really? I thought the dragons show up anyway, and you wouldn't be able to help finding words since they are everywhere right?
I found one, but I can't use it yet. I need to learn the first quest one first, I guess. I did a lot of serious pick pocketing and other thievery so my level is hugely inflated so fighting is pretty tough right now. I basically need to sneak-attack everyone or I end up getting overwhelmed quickly.

Doing nonessential skills like alchemy and such really proved to be quite worthless in the short run.
Well, it makes sense. If all your character did was sneak and steal, you can't really fight head-to-head with anyone.

But lucky for you there's no level scaling... I remember meeting a necromancer in some cottage, and if not for my Lydia I'd have been dead in 5 seconds.

I use either Ice Form or Fire Breath. Kinda wish there were other breaths (like Thunder Roar or Shadow Breath). But Ice Form is fun as a mage, when I freeze enemies, then wait for mana or just set up explosive wards around them.

Fire Breath is awesome for sneak kills in Dark Brotherhood, though.
There is some leveling scaling. You really notice when you start the main quest at level 30. It isn't like Oblivion, though. I think that the scaling is capped at a certain point and only occurs in certain areas. Because random bandits still have fur armor and steel weapons for me.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Ilikemilkshake said:
Fieldy409 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Heppenfeph said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Heppenfeph said:
Where is the option to unlock the next word? because i honestly dont see it anywhere
here's a screenshot of my game, you probably cant tell from it but im standing infront of the wall in the dark brotherhood.
you cant unlock another word because you seem to have yet to find another word. If there was another word in that shout(Each shout has three words) you could unlock, youd see a grayed out word in dragon language next to the lit up white one. You dont just find the whole shout when you find one word on a wall.