Favourite Team Fortress 2 tactics?

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Drawing the attention of the enemy team as a scout away from the front lines.
Sometimes I don't even try to kill them, just shoot them once to draw their attention to me and chase me around. It's funny as hell and fairly helpful to your team when you have three guys ignoring the front lines to run after one scout.

Effectively this is my stratagy:

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
I play spy or pyro the most but I take whatever class the team needs.

I have two modes with both classes.

Spy hunt: If the enemy has a kick ass spy and that is our main obstical I will use either class to spy hunt. Pyro burns people, spy takes form of enemy spy. It is great because the other team will think you are their person and you get to bait the other spy.

Offense: Both classes I get behind enemy lines and then ambush key lanes. Cause chaos allowing my team to push.

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
I generally play pyro, so my playstyle usually boils down to W + Mouse1.
If I want to get really creative, I crouch at the entrance to a walkway, wait for someone to pass, then I use W + Mouse1 from behind for massive damage.

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
Spy...turn trator and then stabby stabby...or look the enermy square in the eye though a high powered sniper rifle 2 towns over.

I could never get the support to be good with a heavy, I could never get in range for the pyro to be too effective and rockets did not always go down to well.

Making and maintaining a terret is always fun as is ha ha you cannot shoot what you cannot see ie run around as the scout only to be blown up by the other dood far away enough to see the hole thing and then realise oh ye I am doing next to no damage and have equally strong health...

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Find a big beefy dude and keep him alive as long as possible. Maybe even hide behind him if he's big enough. Or juke around behind him. Or hide around a corner. Whatever keeps me from being an easy target. And if he dies, backpedal like hell and shoot anyone who comes after me with syringes. It doesn't always work... but it makes me feel better.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
Get 4 engineers on a team and camp a point. Their whole offensive will stop dead in its tracks.

Razor Z7

Nov 20, 2011
I just usually kill people on the other team, nothing special. I do occasionally troll with Spy though. Edit: Sniper is my most played class, so probably Headshot after Headshot.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Flare gunning. It's the one part of the game I can say I'm insanely good at. I love lighting people on fire, airblasting them backwards, then hitting them with a flare crit. Then 99% of the time, I can just move on and be assured they will die a frantic death as they fail to get to water or a health pack in time. It's also fun to hit people with flares from across the map.

Who says Pyros have no long-range game?

Kingpopadopalus

May 1, 2011
I usually use melee weapons and humiliate people. Nothing is more satisfying that charging someone with the splendid screen and then chopping their head off while they fire at you.

Alternative is stabby stabby.

Kyle 2175

Jan 7, 2010
My favourite tactic is as a medic:

When with a class that can take a lot of damage, or a player who is good at distracting enemies.

Wait until you're both close to the enemy then leap diagonally round to the side of the enemy that they are not looking, and hack them to death with your saw.

Extremely effective on soldiers, also killed a few heavies with it, don't try it on a pyro.

This requires a lot of jumping, strafing, and a decent ally, a distracted enemy, and/or a lot of luck. Extremely effective on soldiers who have just rocket jumped, even with no distraction.

Edit: Jumping over someone whose climbing stairs, from the top of the stairs, is also effective for this.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Alright, I'll bite.

Whenever I have a game on Doublecross me and one other team member make a Quickfix/scout team and run straight for the enemy intel. Even if they have set up a sentry by then, we've got the sweet, sweet knockback reducing buff ready to go.

After we worked out how to do this, we've never lost a game on that map since.

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
I'm usually the suicide Spy on the other team. You know, the one who will stop at nothing just to kill you or sap your stuff. I don't care if I die or not, I'm taking that Sentry down one way or the other. You'd be surprised though, how many Engies don't look up when you de-cloak, funny as hell that.

After my gaming HD died, I seem to have lost most of the little skill I had as Spy however, much to my frustration. I used to be a pretty decent Pyro too, but alas, no longer. Must get back into playing it regularly again, 2Fort spying is so much fun...

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Sectan said:
Get 4 engineers on a team and camp a point. Their whole offensive will stop dead in its tracks.
Unless the other team has an uber...or a demoman...or a spy that knows what he's doing.

RastaBadger

Jun 5, 2010
I stand along way back and shoot people in the head. Then if they get too close I throw my urine at them and either hit them on the head or shoot them with a bow.
5 points to whoever guesses the class I play most.

Joby Baumann

Apr 19, 2011
pyro, but I don't w+m1, I select my targets as to what will cause the biggest distraction for my team to kill them.
also, sending a heavy running like a little ***** eating sandviches is the greatest feeling in the world

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
Soldier with blackbox and buff banner. Ridiculous. Blackbox keeps me alive while I rocket jump around and then buff banner.

Edit: I don't play heavy as much as I used to but when i do it's all about jumping 'round corners spinning up. Also vanilla minigun and sandvich is the best combo. Alive for days and you can help your medic like a good player.

Edit2: I play KotH almost exclusively.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Assuming we're talking about payload?

Demoman: put loads of stickybombs around it, but then the cart rolls back and there's no one to use the bombs against.

Scout: Spawn. Push cart few feet. Die. Repeat.

Sniper: Fire off arrows randomly. Yay! I'm Rambo!

Those are the notably effective ones.