Favourite Team Fortress 2 tactics?

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Complain with other gentlemen about price of hats while lowly peasants kill each other.

thunderbird120

Mar 29, 2011
As a spy i kill engies from 2 towns over and then sap their stuff. Alternatively you can just shoot them then shoot their stuff.

The Floating Nose

Dec 5, 2010
Go in a corner of the map, take a disguise, cloak again, run near the other team spawn, run with the enemy team like they are teammates and then CHAIN BACKSTABBING !!!!!!!

cp2u

Jul 28, 2009
Connivers' kunai everyone I see, dead ringer, run back behind the enemy, repeat.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Scout: Jump like a moron, run away A LOT, somehow find extravagant ways to get behind enemies that I never knew could be done. Coat enemies in Mad Milk, meatshot with Scattergun for beautiful amounts of damage.

Soldier: Hit with rockets at far range, shotgun at close. Bounce in the air and shotgun them, occasionally rocketjump.

Pyro: Slot 1, M1, M2, Slot 3, M1/ Slot 2, M1, M1, M1, R/ Slot 1, M1, Slot 2, M1, M1, M1

Demoman: Grenade at a distance or for groups, Charge-Eyelander for single people, get money, fuck bitches.

Heavy: lol, strategy.

Engineer: Gunslinger + Widowmaker. Drop Dispenser near teammates, run out, put mini-Sentry in a tactical spot, Widowmaker the bitches, whore metal.

Sniper: Run, run, run, run, headshot, continue running, change position, headshot, kill spy, run.

Medic: Heal you, heal you, heal you, heal you, HOLY SHIT SPY SYRINGE GUN, heal you, Uber you, Ubersaw bitches who get too close, run like a moron around.

Spy: Invis Watch, Default Revolver, Butterfly Knife. Cloak, disguise, backstab oblivious people, run away and shoot when caught, stab-n-sap Engineers.

Amakaze

Buckler of Swash
Oct 22, 2008
I generally take the approach of pursuing high value targets. I play most classes, but like sniper, spy, and soldier for this reason. I think most of the time the middle of the map is a killing field of people exploding, so I take my time to get into position to deal with sentries, medics, snipers, or anything else that might be inhibiting the central charge from progressing. It only takes one person to take down a sentry, and that loss can lead to the other side getting overwhelmed in fairly short order.

Obviously, that applies mostly to capture/defend and payload maps, though it can be helpful even on capture the flag type modes. If I'm defending, its much the same, only its sneaking around the offense to disable teleporters, harass support classes, and generally distract the charge from moving forward.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
Evilbunny said:
Sectan said:
Get 4 engineers on a team and camp a point. Their whole offensive will stop dead in its tracks.
Unless the other team has an uber...or a demoman...or a spy that knows what he's doing.
If you've got a good pyro then demomen aren't much of a problem. I've seen many an uber get pinned up against a wall just waiting to die when you have engineers with half a brain.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I surprise people by actually fighting as a medic. The syringe gun is pretty good at killing things.

Oh, don't worry. If you're near me I'll do my best to keep you overhealed (even if you're not a heavy! D:), but I'll try to do some damage too.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I love using the Saharan Spy set with the dead ringer. Silent dead ringer? All right. And it's amazing how long it takes people to catch on to what I'm doing...

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Sectan said:
If you've got a good pyro then demomen aren't much of a problem. I've seen many an uber get pinned up against a wall just waiting to die when you have engineers with half a brain.
If the medic is smart enough to push up and absorb the fire during an uber, that's never too much of a problem. But when the medic is too much of a pussy to push up even when he's invincible, you're right a bunch of sentries will keep the uber back long enough for it to wear off.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
RastaBadger said:
I stand along way back and shoot people in the head. Then if they get too close I throw my urine at them and either hit them on the head or shoot them with a bow.
5 points to whoever guesses the class I play most.
...Scout? It's Scout, isn't it?

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Quick fixing a scout has proven to be pretty entertaining, especially when you hit an uber. As long as both you and him are moving around it can be pretty difficult for either of you to die.