Favourite video game trailer

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
With the production values of video games getting higher and higher, the industry is more able to sink larger amounts of cash into marketing, what this means for the most part is that there are a large amount of really high quality trailers out there, and some of them are pretty damn amazing. So what are your favourite trailers, this can be anything from a teaser trailer to a ViDoc, or a CG trailer to a proof of concept video.

For me it might just have to go to the Halo 3 "Starry Nights" CG trailer
Or the Halo 3 E3 2006 trailer

The reason I pick these is because they are pretty much the sole reason that I even purchased my 360 back in February of 2007, and it was really the first game that I ever really got excited for. All in all I think that Halo has always had a very good marketing campaign, with CG trailers, and ViDocs, Live action trailers (and a feature length series), they even had that massive display piece made up of tiny figurines depicting a battlefield, its all just really impressive.

Also the Assassin's Creed: Revelations E3 2011 trailer was also pretty neat, with the action scene in combination with the music from Woodkid, it made for a rather good trailer.
Captcha 2: "Fun with flags". CURSE YOU ASSASSIN'S CREED!

<spoiler=Captcha: Never gonna give you up>Captcha: Never gonna give you upIm sorry, it was too good of an opportunity to pass it up

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Both of mine are Live-action trailers that made the game seem deeper than they really were.

This trailer made the game seem like it would humanize Kratos and make us actually not think he was made of rage and hate. From what I played it was just him shouting like usual.

This trailer first caught my attention because of the amazing music choice. I also enjoyed the idea of revenge. From what I heard the game was lacking in a good revenge tale.

Rayne360

Dec 28, 2013
The Mass Effect 2 launch trailer still gives me goosebumps at how amazingly awesome it was. The game itself did not disappoint either. The music was perfect.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I absolutely love the initial trailers for Deus Ex Human Revolution, especially for the music track that they used. Such amazing stuff.

the_great_cessation

Nov 29, 2011
I don't know if I have a favorite but the reveal trailer for Twilight Princess from 2004 is easily one of the most nostalgic things of my childhood. Even seeing it now makes me feel like an excited 12 year old.

Actually, all the trailers for Twilight Princess are nostalgic as hell for me...

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
The Fallout 3 E3 trailer. Not the "world on fire" teaser the vault ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZpR51XgW0
I just love the uncomfortable look on the dad's face when the spokesman starts talking about repopulating the earth. Great song too.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
The game wasn't all that great but man, the trailer for Gears Of War: Judgment was hardcore.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
Hmmm...I've seen a lot of awesome trailers that I really like. For example: Back when it was still called Final Fantasy Versus XIII I got psyched everytime I saw the trailer of Noctis slicing dudes up with swords he literally pulls from THIN AIR!!!

But my favorite might just be the RAGE gameplay trailer:

My god...that song is awesome!! Combined with those visuals, it made me want that game enough to pre-order it. (Was not disappointed on that decision BTW)

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011

Lay back and let this sensually lick you ear hole.
Plus it has what I like in a trailer, the games features and actual gameplay.
How quaint.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
Lost Odyssey's Trailer, I don't know why it took me so long to get it but the trailer made me want it from the moment I saw it, it is still the first thing that comes to mind whenever I hear White Rabbit.

debtcollector

Jan 31, 2012
Gonna have to second the Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer. It was my obsession back in the day.

I can't not bring up Dead Island. I mean, for fuck's sake, if you mention amazing game trailers, this should be at least in the top five.

Most recently, and a bit unusually, the new Wolfenstein's reveal trailer. Steampunk nazi robots? Check. Nonchalant protagonist staring them down with a shotgun? All Along the Watchtower? Check check CHECK.
Sure it tells you next to nothing about the game, but it just has style.

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
The Ocarina of time trailer that had Conan's Riders of Doom as background music

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
The only one I really remember staying with me was the Dishonoured gameplay trailer.

I still haven't got round to playing the game though :p

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
This will alawys be one of my favorites

The music, the gameplay, the animation interspersed within it, just all works so well

motiff

Jan 1, 2014
The Deus Ex HR trailers were very cool. Also, the live action one for the upcoming Jazzpunk:
Even for someone too young to understand the movie references, it is still very funny, surreal, and has pretty good production value.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
No love for the Star Craft 2: Heart of the Swarm intro/trailer?
It so pretty!

Also second all the Deus Ex: Human Revolution fans
Even though the trailer is a MASSIVE LIE.
I still like it for the artistic content.

Since no one posted it.

Also for most trailer awesome to game suck ratio.
Dead Island