FC3 Blood Dragon 1st Impressions?

Festus Moonbear

Feb 20, 2013
daveman247 said:
Festus Moonbear said:
My favourite reference so far is calling the shotgun 'The Galleria.' The menu description for that gun has a nice dig at Jason Brody in it, as well :)
I'm ashamed to say i can't quite remember the reference behind the shotguns name :( I feel i should know it though, terminator maybe? Its got the spin-reload after all.
Close enough - The Galeria is the name of the games arcade John Connor and his friend are in at the start of Terminator 2.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Festus Moonbear said:
Close enough - The Galeria is the name of the games arcade John Connor and his friend are in at the start of Terminator 2.
Yeah I thought it sounded like a shopping centre or something - like where the films starts.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Oh gosh, I'm loving every minute of it. It's the first time in awhile that a game has made me laugh.

It's cheesy, high-paced and ludicrous in nature, but it's so self-aware of it's own wacky nature, you can't help but love it.

The tutorials were mocking me. Mocking me about taking up my time. Then the game proceeded to bombard me with 15+ tutorial messages, one of them asking me if I'm annoyed at these messages and one showing me who sponsored the messages.

As much as I enjoy my subject matter to be a little more on the serious side, it's nice to take a break from it all and play a game where you can lighten the fuck up with one-liners and eye-laser shooting dinosaurs. (Seriously, we need more of those in gaming.)

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
it's like being punched in the face by the 80s. but in an ossum way.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
daveman247 said:
I'm ashamed to say i can't quite remember the reference behind the shotguns name :( I feel i should know it though, terminator maybe? Its got the spin-reload after all.
The Galleria is the name of the mall that both the T-1000 and "Uncle Bob" track John Connor to near the beginning of T2.

daveman247 said:
On a different topic - its sad to see so many comments on videos and reviews saying they don't get what the game is, or that its too silly. Or they would rather have had something connected to the far cry 3 plot :/
Unfortunately, I can't say that surprises me. This is a game that heavily draws upon movies from thirty-ish years ago. Many gamers probably just haven't had any exposure to those movies. Hell, I'm 24, and I wasn't even born yet when many of my favorite movies came out (like "The Terminator," "Aliens," "Predator," and Carpenter's "The Thing"). I was introduced to them by my dad, who was always big into movies. If he hadn't gotten me into them, I could totally see a parallel-universe bizarro version of me that wouldn't understand what's so special about "Blood Dragon."

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
I was pretty ticked that I had to go through the effort of signing up for Uplay but it was worth it once I started playing. And I seriously did not expect it to be so funny

5ilver

Aug 25, 2010
There were some really game-breaking bugs and it was a little short. Other than that, 10/10, can't think of any negative points at all.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Tuesday Night Fever said:
Unfortunately, I can't say that surprises me. This is a game that heavily draws upon movies from thirty-ish years ago. Many gamers probably just haven't had any exposure to those movies. Hell, I'm 24, and I wasn't even born yet when many of my favorite movies came out (like "The Terminator," "Aliens," "Predator," and Carpenter's "The Thing"). I was introduced to them by my dad, who was always big into movies. If he hadn't gotten me into them, I could totally see a parallel-universe bizarro version of me that wouldn't understand what's so special about "Blood Dragon."
True that, definitley a very love - or - hate game. The references and look of it DO paint over some issues such as mission variety and stuff. But I forgive it :p

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
I am loving it, really takes me back to the movies of that time. Just wish I had more time to play. You can get part of the soundtrack on Uplay if you unlock it by getting achievements, does not matter which game on Uplay you get them from. Been listening to that since it released. Also if you pre-ordered on Steam you get the full soundtrack with the main theme remix. Glad I didn't get it on PS3 though, cause damn that was ugly.