Feast Your Eyes On the Glorious Scenery of Grand Theft Auto V

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
In Search of Username said:
Pinkamena said:
Fanboying SO HARD RIGHT NOW. /hearteyes

People still complaining that GTA 4 was 'too serious', 'boring', or whatever else, please stop. That game was incredible and this one is looking to be even better.

Pinkamena said:
Is it just me, or do the graphics look quite shit?
o_O I have never seen a game look prettier than this in my whole life, what are you comparing it to to think it looks shit?
I mean, look at the screenshots. They remind me of a elder scrolls/fallout game. Nevermind, I'm probably just spoiled by PC graphics >_>

EDIT: And what do I have to compare them to? Oh Idunno, every notable game being released the last few years.
I hate the way Elder Scrolls games look but this has some of the best graphics I've seen so I dunno what you mean. Looks better than any PC game I'm aware of too.
Allow me to show you something.

Compare this screenshot:

To these:

I'll be the first to say that graphics are not important, but don't tell me that this grand theft auto game "looks better than any PC game I'm aware of". Because honestly, it looks as if it belongs in 2006.

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
Graphically not impressive, looks to similar to GTA IV. Don't they have the new PS4 and 720 to work with? Does this mean that graphics isn't their priority and they might be putting more effort into the world not being so stale.

Feb 22, 2009
Pinkamena said:
Pinkamena said:
Fanboying SO HARD RIGHT NOW. /hearteyes

People still complaining that GTA 4 was 'too serious', 'boring', or whatever else, please stop. That game was incredible and this one is looking to be even better.

Pinkamena said:
Is it just me, or do the graphics look quite shit?
o_O I have never seen a game look prettier than this in my whole life, what are you comparing it to to think it looks shit?
I mean, look at the screenshots. They remind me of a elder scrolls/fallout game. Nevermind, I'm probably just spoiled by PC graphics >_>

EDIT: And what do I have to compare them to? Oh Idunno, every notable game being released the last few years.
I hate the way Elder Scrolls games look but this has some of the best graphics I've seen so I dunno what you mean. Looks better than any PC game I'm aware of too.
Allow me to show you something.

Compare this screenshot:

To these:

I'll be the first to say that graphics are not important, but don't tell me that this grand theft auto game "looks better than any PC game I'm aware of". Because honestly, it looks as if it belongs in 2006.
I think I just really like the graphical style of Rockstar games (this gen), because while I'm sure those graphics are more technically impressive, they just don't look as good to me. Also you can't jump straight from 'worse-looking than Crysis 3, acknowledged to be one of the best-looking games ever made' to 'belongs in 2006'.

Side-note: for whatever reason this game also looks a hell of a lot better in motion to me, so these screenshots (pretty as I find them) might not be doing it justice.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
I think I just really like the graphical style of Rockstar games (this gen), because while I'm sure those graphics are more technically impressive, they just don't look as good to me. Also you can't jump straight from 'worse-looking than Crysis 3, acknowledged to be one of the best-looking games ever made' to 'belongs in 2006'.

Side-note: for whatever reason this game also looks a hell of a lot better in motion to me, so these screenshots (pretty as I find them) might not be doing it justice.
Well, if you simply like it better, then I have no qualms with that. Personal taste and all that. And I picked Crysis 3 and Metro 2033 (both have incredibly impressive graphics) to really drive in the point that no, GTA 5 does in fact not have better graphics than any PC game you've seen.

But enough with this discussion.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
"Pretty but empty" eh? Sounds like it really is shaping up to be a true sequel to GTA IV then.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I am not hopeful for a timely P.C release. Anti Aliasing seems to be a concept not in Rockstar's wheelhouse. I suppose they could use the same mud/blur filter GTA4 had.