Featured User Group: The Escapist Gay-mers

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
Featured User Group: The Escapist Gay-mers

The proud LGBT community gathers in The Escapist Gay-mers group.

Read Full Article

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
It's good to see that something that most people in the world would avoid as a subject can become a successful User Group with 141 members!

Good on you guys and girls!

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I hope those folks in Politics & Religion don't find their way over here...

Anyways I'm glad to see this kind of diversity in my beloved Escapist...

wkrepelin

Apr 28, 2010
I think that this is great! We have come a long way since the post WWII uber-puritanical movement in America (though, I realize that this is neither an all-American group nor that discrimination is an all-American problem) and it is far past due that the LGBT community is recognized as a vital part of society with the same importance, value and freedoms as the rest of us.

Big ups to everyone.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Ah another good streak for Sharphoe.....I should really post there more often.
Jark212 said:
Why?

Both [user]Amnestic[/user] and [user]Neutral Drow[/user] are all for equal rights and are some of the best debaters on the site. They'll rip haters a new one.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
That's great really is.
I may not be gay, but I'm a huge gay supporter so I'm really glad to see this being so celebrated =)

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Sleekgiant said:
Jark212 said:
Why?
I've seen quite a few haters in that neck of the woods, of course that does not apply to all the users that reside there...

But haters gonna hate regardless...

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Jark212 said:
But haters gonna hate regardless...
This is true :p
Its an unfortunate side effect of having an air of anonymity on this site, people can express opinions without remorse.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Cue the ever-puzzling comment of "as long as they don't rub it in my face", to which I reply: "lolwut?".

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Well I think it's wonderful that such a group gets attention. I wonder what group shall be spotlighted next.

Stevo_s

Working on Avatar
Jan 24, 2010
What? damn! if i had known this was here I would have joined a long time ago!!!

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Oh, CRAP, this interview was up already? No wonder we've had an influx of new members... >____>
Jark212 said:
Never you fear. Any kind of mongering doesn't fly with myself and the appointed admins on the clock. Luckily, we've only had to permanently kick someone from the group once. And only one person in a whole year is a pretty good ratio, no?
TimeLord said:
It's good to see that something that most people in the world would avoid as a subject can become a successful User Group with 141 members!

Good on you guys and girls!
Thank you kindly. I'm glad to know that my idea wasn't as niche as I had originally feared it would be, and it's actually been smooth sailing for quite some time.
Sleekgiant said:
Ah another good streak for Sharphoe...
Two for two, baby. XD

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Not gay, but a proud member of this group. I haven't been around all that much, but the times I have I've seen people genuinely caring for other people and helping them through tough times. A group that makes this 'Pist proud to be a 'Pist.

Congrats guys.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Scobie said:
I had no idea this group existed and I probably qualify for at least two of those letters. Score. That's an atrocious pun, though.
I had no idea till now either. I should join up.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Scobie said:
I had no idea this group existed and I probably qualify for at least two of those letters. Score. That's an atrocious pun, though.
Yep, that's the point. Trust me, I knew it was bad when I came up with it. But it's memorable, no?

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Congratulations to everyone over at the Escapist Gay-mers!

I won't include myself in that however, because I'm not nearly as active in the group as I feel I should be.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Good on ya guys, and gals. Nice to see we have a diverse and tolerant community here on the escapist.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
I'm a huge proponent of gay rights and I am bisexual myself. I'm glad the Escapists staff decided to interview this group.

(Before anybody asks. Yes, I have been attracted to males in the past both sexually and emotionally and I still am to one.