Feed Dump: 16 Skulls and a Burning Building

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
16 Skulls and a Burning Building

So your car melted. It could be worse. You could have been shot while arguing about philosophy.

Watch Video

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Canary Warf?

So Torchwood moved back there? That explains the death ray.

As for the skulls, maybe someone was just trying to get ahead in life and overdid it.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
I cringed when Kathleen said JagWAAR. Even I know thats not how you say it, and I'm American.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
You neglected to mention in the melted Jaguar story that A) the building surface is concave, so it doesn't just reflect sunlight, it focuses it; and B) this isn't the first time this particular architect, named Rafael Vinoly, has designed a building that does this.

So, yeah, I wouldn't rule out SMERSH involvement.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I've always heard it pronounced Kahn-t. As in KAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!-t. But your way made a great pun, so I'll accept it.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
This is probably one of the best dumps I've seen in months; I had to stop the video because I was laughing too much to follow! Here's hoping we see more Beej & Alex dumps in the future!

ShogunGino

Oct 27, 2008
aeric90 said:
Can someone explain to me the slow-mo gun thing? I'm ignorant...
It was originally the end to an episode of 'The O.C.' where someone is accidentally shot, and that part of the song 'Hide and Seek' by Imogen Heap starts to play. That scene was very cheesy because of the poor performances, in my opinion.

Saturday Night Live did a parody of it called 'Dear Sister' where more and more people start joining the scene and start getting shot a bunch of times, each time the 'mmmm whatcha saaaay' repeats. I thought it was hilarious.

It became memetic that when someone has a slow mo gunshot death, they play that part of the song.

OT: One of my favorite episodes in a long time!

Trombone_Hero

Apr 16, 2009
Volodanti said:
Is it just me, or does the title sound like a really Metal Nursery Rhyme?
It actually works well as a sea-shanty

Sixteen Skulls and a Burning Building
Earl-aye In the Morning!

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
Are you telling me you guys don't number your skulls? How are you supposed to remember which is which?

L3D

Jul 15, 2008
The guys reaction to that those 16 skulls were numbered was hilarious :D Creepy news this time indeed. And in other news, pledged a measly fiver for the kickstarter, 'cause I am miser like that.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
The thing about the death ray building that bugs me is that it's not as powerful as they lead on. A random person walking by at that time may feel a little warm, but they'd have to stand there for an extended amount of time before any real damage is done. A smart person could save money and get a tan...
Anyway, it was the plastic lining of the door seal that melted on the Jaguar, I believe. Not the metal itself. So there was no puddle of car or anything...

Kristian Fischer

Aug 15, 2011
ewhac said:
You neglected to mention in the melted Jaguar story that A) the building surface is concave, so it doesn't just reflect sunlight, it focuses it; and B) this isn't the first time this particular architect, named Rafael Vinoly, has designed a building that does this.

So, yeah, I wouldn't rule out SMERSH involvement.
I think it's SPECTRE, actually. Sounds like something Blofeld would do.