Feed Dump: Death Coaster

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
this Feed Dump had me shaking with laughter throughout :D every story. made it hard to pay attention xD

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Kathleen, if it makes you feel any better, I gagged at the picture when someone posted it in the comments. and you look good as a blonde.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Wow, did I feel sorry for Kathleen! But Andy made me bust a gut laughing, and Graham, you are an evil, evil man. I knew there was a reason why I liked you so much! It put me in mind of last Saturday when I worked at the Library and we showed "The Smurfs" as a family movie. One of our teenage pages has to sit in the movie and watch it to make sure no one makes off with the DVD or anything like that, and afterwards, he came upstairs complaining about how horrible "that song" was. "What song?" I asked, "this one?" and I started singing the Smurf's theme song, and he was like, "No, No! Stop it!" Cue me and the other library assistants who had grown up watching the Smurfs singing that snippet of song every time he passed.

By the end of the day, he claimed he'd rather have a root canal with no anesthesia rather than hear "that song" ever again. Tormenting your co-workers for fun and pro... well, fun, anyway!

korandder

Astronoob
Nov 25, 2009
I loved the toss another stereotype on the barbie line as Australians always refer to shrimp as prawns.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Phunny Phact. The Coaster Test Dummies losing their limbs is actually a PR stunt. For some reason, Thrope Park's PR team thought it would encourage people to ride their new Roller Coaster (very new Wing-Rider type, tallest of its kind in Europe).
It is true with a lot of rides like Oblivion (Alton Towers) and Saw (Thrope Park), they like to heavily imply you'll die, this implication is done in a sort of 'suspension of disbelief' zone where if you're sharp enough you can see it's just hype and atmosphere building.

Reporting it to a newspaper is utterly different. This is invasive to real-life. You have people's common sense screaming this is dangerous, not just the subconscious. The presentation and environment of the information is utterly sincere (despite intent was slightly sarcastic).

It will only put people off riding the ride if they believe they will be illegitimate peril of they ride it (opposed to fantasy RP peril).

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
The triumphant return of Andy! Woo!

LRR running out of hats? Say it ain't so. Time for a weird hat drive.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Well, Alex still wore that fez all through Smoking Carrots in New Zealand... but I'll give it to you guys.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
A: I love when Andy is in Feed Dump cos Andy is Awesome!
B: Why is Kathleen throwing up so damn funny?
C: Why would someone make a ball of gun that size?!?

-M