Feed Dump: Knife Time!

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Clankenbeard said:
So now we're down to 5 produced videos a week here on The Escapist? I say this because I actually didn't know. I to go and count them:
-Unskippable
-8 Bit Philosophy
-Zero Punctuation
-Game Theory
-No Right Answer
Unskippable is also gone. The Escapist themselves canceled it.
Wasn't popular enough. And that's why Feed Dump is gone as well.

Pirate Brahm

Jan 9, 2008
Umm..is there any GOOD video content left on The Escapist? They seem to have been shedding talent like crazy for the past year.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Cool video, right in the nostalgia.
Hehe, American beer is overpriced soda (or pop, as it should be called)

Guestyman

Nov 23, 2009
Clankenbeard said:
So now we're down to 5 produced videos a week here on The Escapist? I say this because I actually didn't know. I to go and count them:
-Unskippable
-8 Bit Philosophy
-Zero Punctuation
-Game Theory
-No Right Answer
Unskippable has concluded, and apparently NRA is concluding soon according to a tweet from Jim Sterling on the 26th of March. (Though there are rumours the NRA guys are making a new series, maybe? I dunno.)

8 bit philosophy and Game Theory aren't produced by The Escapist as far as I know, they've been created elsewhere, are available elsewhere and I think are just licensed to/syndicated by TE.

Basically as far as unique video content goes they have their twitch stream and ZP and maybe the new show by the NRA guys if that rumour is correct.

This is all based on my own incomplete understanding of the situation, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
JenSeven said:
GamemasterAnthony said:
Okay...SERIOUSLY? Extra Credits, Jim Sterling, MovieBob...NOW LRR?!?

ESCAPIST! If we lose Yahtzee, I'll have no reason to come to this site anymore!
Don't forget Lisa Foiles, Rebecca Mayes, De-Rez and many others. And haven't seen a Miracle Of Sound video in 4 months either.
So many come and gone.
Actually, he parted with ze Escapist recently as well https://www.facebook.com/MiracleOfSound/posts/921094167930515

Bai guys! I'll continue watching on youtube, and Friday Nights is the best thing I never knew I wanted until recently.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Clankenbeard said:
Goodbye Feed Dump on The Escapist. I enjoyed your witty banter and improvised jokes. Best of luck to you in your new old home. Enjoy the rights to your content. Sob.

-Unskippable
-8 Bit Philosophy
-Zero Punctuation
-Game Theory
-No Right Answer

Escapist. Let loose with another Video Contest. Your site needs more content. Another WebComic contest wouldn't hurt either. If nothing else it will bring in a bunch of videophiles and cartoonists to the site looking for a venue to show off their work. Make it so.
The no right answers guys are leaving as well. The only video producer that was here 1 year ago that's here now is Yahtzee.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Whelp... it's officially... I'm only really coming here for Yahtzee video content, critical miss... and the occasional article that catches my attention.

In other news... did Bob leave? I started boycotting all his content after the whole Gamergate thing... so I didn't notice.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Draconalis said:
Whelp... it's officially... I'm only really coming here for Yahtzee video content, critical miss... and the occasional article that catches my attention.

In other news... did Bob leave? I started boycotting all his content after the whole Gamergate thing... so I didn't notice.
He was fired. http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2015/02/all-good-things.html

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
1. You can watch LRR on their own website.
2. $3 beer must be awful.

Souther Thorn

Apr 5, 2013
*tics over another marker* reasons to come back dwindling. The podcast is decent, and so is Critical Miss, but they're not enough anymore guys.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Clankenbeard said:
Goodbye Feed Dump on The Escapist. I enjoyed your witty banter and improvised jokes. Best of luck to you in your new old home. Enjoy the rights to your content. Sob.

-Unskippable
-8 Bit Philosophy
-Zero Punctuation
-Game Theory
-No Right Answer

Escapist. Let loose with another Video Contest. Your site needs more content. Another WebComic contest wouldn't hurt either. If nothing else it will bring in a bunch of videophiles and cartoonists to the site looking for a venue to show off their work. Make it so.
Well Unskippable just finished here too. And Game Theory is just reposts of old content from MatPat's own channel, where new episodes continue to appear, along with other content.

So actually 3 videos produced, and one reposted. That's all Escapist have left

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Well, despite the fact that this site is sinking faster than a famous person in a whirlpool it was a nice ending episode.

The biggest issue with everyone splitting off now means I have to go to several different websites to receive my daily funnies! Ah, truly the greatest problem of our time - laziness.

Anyway, I'm glad it ended with Alex.

Because Alex always has a good finish.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Eric the Orange said:
He was fired. http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2015/02/all-good-things.html
Yeah... I looked into it a little bit and got depressed when I found that he now makes 4 times I do in a month to watch movies...

Yozozo

In a galaxy far, far away...
Mar 28, 2009
Triceratops... oh man. People down the hall heard me, a real laugh out loud moment.

I let my pub club membership expire last month, as I was feeling like there was no longer sufficient value I was getting out of it. With this gone... it's not a matter of value, it's a matter of time. There is just not enough content left here. I guess I'll still come on Wednesday, till what brought me here eventually leaves too.