Feed Dump: Libyan Cinnabon

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Paul and Tali being prisoner and prison guard was funniest thing I've seen for a long time
(I know it's Tally, but I always think of Tali'Zorah nar Rayya/vas Neema/vas Normandy- somehow it clicks in my brain :D )

Tally LRR

Oct 21, 2009
Don Reba said:
Wow, I found the one thing Tally is not extremely good at - Spanish.
On the other hand, at least you could tell what language I was /attempting/. (Yeah yeah, that was just from the context, shhhh!) :)

Illessa said:
Mr.Tea said:
Callate said:
They should open a McDonaBon on the autobahn. With a manager named Dawn Johnson.

Can anyone read Tally's shirt? I recognize it's a parody of the "Keep Calm, and Carry On" thing, and the top part I believe says "Get Excited", but I couldn't get the rest.
It's "Get Excited and Make Things", 'cause Tally's into artisan crafts [http://tallystreasury.com//]. She probably made the shirt.
Image is designed by Mike Jones and released under Creative Commons - Get Excited and Make Things [http://magicalnihilism.com/2009/11/07/get-excited-and-make-things/] so yeah Tally probably made the shirt herself
Close. :) I actually bought the shirt from Diesel Sweeties http://store.dieselsweeties.com/products/get-excited-and-make-things-shirt, who is apparently selling it with Matt Jones' blessing, but of course I then modded it into a tank top.

blackrave said:
(I know it's Tally, but I always think of Tali'Zorah nar Rayya/vas Neema/vas Normandy- somehow it clicks in my brain :D )
If you're going to spell my name wrong, I completely approve if this is the reason. :D

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Okay... so I've never heard of Cinnabon before and I find it mildly fascinating that a company based on cinnamon buns alone can thrive.

Turns out there's 5 Cinnabon outlets in the UK, all within a few hours (more or less) of where I live. Who knew?

mariomario

Nov 22, 2009
"Tubular meat" is still not a good sounding expression...

And are those fascinators going to be part of Desert Bus? If not, they should be.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Rakor said:
These hats cannot repel jaunt of this magnitude!

Hmmm, someone make the graph of Jaunt vs Hat Size.

As Hat Size (H) decreases, potential Jaunt factor (J) increases.

As Hat Size increases, potential Jaunt factor approaches zero.
The only problem with your theory is once you actually go over a size, the jaunt factor would actually increase again. I guess Jaunt is parabolic.

Is it bad that I've been to about a quarter of the countries Graham named? The Cinnabon in El Salvador is in the capital city San Salvador, near one of the strip club/whorehouses. I think it was near Lips.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
What are you talkin bout? There's pythons ALL OVER jersey.

I heard it was because of some sort of gun show.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Tally LRR said:
Don Reba said:
On the other hand, at least you could tell what language I was /attempting/. (Yeah yeah, that was just from the context, shhhh!) :)

Illessa said:
Mr.Tea said:
Callate said:
They should open a McDonaBon on the autobahn. With a manager named Dawn Johnson.

Can anyone read Tally's shirt? I recognize it's a parody of the "Keep Calm, and Carry On" thing, and the top part I believe says "Get Excited", but I couldn't get the rest.
It's "Get Excited and Make Things", 'cause Tally's into artisan crafts [http://tallystreasury.com//]. She probably made the shirt.
Image is designed by Mike Jones and released under Creative Commons - Get Excited and Make Things [http://magicalnihilism.com/2009/11/07/get-excited-and-make-things/] so yeah Tally probably made the shirt herself
Close. :) I actually bought the shirt from Diesel Sweeties http://store.dieselsweeties.com/products/get-excited-and-make-things-shirt, who is apparently selling it with Matt Jones' blessing, but of course I then modded it into a tank top.

blackrave said:
If you're going to spell my name wrong, I completely approve if this is the reason. :D
o_O Oops. I thought it said "Get Excited and Take Things".......I got excited.

Well I guess I should give those things back now. Sorry for stealing by you shirt's miss read order!

Also you make some very nice things. Like all those jokes!

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
I think somebody released pythons in New Jersey to take out the cast of Jersey Shore.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
"I'm gonna rope up my chihuahua and go bloodhounding" sounds vaguely sexual somehow.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
weirdguy said:
What are you talkin bout? There's pythons ALL OVER jersey.

I heard it was because of some sort of gun show.
Would you happen to know which way that gun show was?
[hr]Well, since somebody did "adjustable jaunt as X coverband" before me, I guess I'll talk about Cinnabon.

McDonabon, sounds like a serial killer.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Tally LRR said:
Don Reba said:
It was a good attempt. It is just that "yo quiero Taco Bell" is not a question; it means "I love Taco Bell." Also, there is a distinction between "quiero" and "quiera". The former is the verb "want/love" in first-person present tense, and the latter in third-person. :)

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Azuaron said:
GamemasterAnthony said:
Wasn't "Adjustable Jaunt" a cover band for One Republic that failed miserably?

I'm not surprised a Cinnabon arrived before McDonalds in Syria. I've seen them drink a lot of coffee of various types in the Middle Eastern countries, so they probably wanted something to go with it.

CAPTCHA: end of the world

No...a Cinnabon in Syria is NOT the end of the world. Chik-Fil-A on the other hand... (Yes, I went there.)
Syria, huh? Even though the name of the episode is Libyan Cinnabon? You're going with Syria?
GYAH!!!

*stands up at a podium* Hi...my name is Anthony, and I need new glasses...

LittleMikey

Renegade
Aug 31, 2009
I had my first Cinnabon in Qatar :D Tho there are none in Australia :( At least not the parts I've been to.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Lost it at "adjustable jaunt."
Absolutely perfect delivery.
That shit was art.

Tally LRR

Oct 21, 2009
Don Reba said:
Tally LRR said:
Don Reba said:
It was a good attempt. It is just that "yo quiero Taco Bell" is not a question; it means "I love Taco Bell." Also, there is a distinction between "quiero" and "quiera". The former is the verb "want/love" in first-person present tense, and the latter in third-person. :)
Oh. Well that IS certainly a pretty big fail, then. >_< Having not seen those commercials for over a decade, I had recalled that the dog was asking where to find a Taco Bell in them. Apparently not so much. And yeah, I certainly don't know how to conjugate Spanish verbs. :)