Feed Dump: Stark Dynasty

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
I'm pleased that Kate is in another video, will she be in any of the streams?
Possibly? She has a busy job, and she works when most of us stream. But never say never... For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, as part of our Kickstarter, we started a LRR livestream channel - the whole crew plays various games. Check it out at www.loadingreadyrun.com/live and twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Graham:

To pronounce any European word you're unsure of it helps to put on a thick pantomime German accent.
I'm sure no one will be offended by that at all.

Failing that, a fake Russian accent for the Eastern European countries.

mrverbal

May 23, 2008
quote="Imp Emissary" post="6.839530.20620077"]
mrverbal said:
I completely don't get the 420 mile marker thing.

I'm also surprised that Canada uses the god-awful american middle-endian date style. You used to be cool, Canada!
420, 4th month and 20th day, is an unofficial holiday for pot heads.

On that day, at 4:20 pm, they smoke pot.........That's it.

Dx And what is so wrong with our date system?!
We put down the month, then the day. The month is more important!

Disclaimer: not really mad. ;p[/quote]

Because little-middle-big makes more sense than middle-little-big. Big endian is perrfectly fine (IE YYYY-MM-DD)

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Rangerboy87 said:
Sad part of where I live, people will probably take that Duck Dynasty ad seriously and buy the guns, wear the bandana and start yammering about the government coming for their guns...I wish I was kidding
Well, my basic take on Duck Dynasty is that these guys are on TV because they are supposed to be among the best Duck Hunters in the world, having made a comparative fortune at it. Understanding this, I fail to understand why this all became political. It's not like anyone was ever touted these guys to be role models for anything other than you know... hunting.

That said, I see no real reason why it should be surprising that a heavily merchandised group of duck hunters wouldn't be selling guns, given that they sell just about everything else.

As far as the government coming for your guns, well, I'm not going to argue that point. Let's just say I'm a big defender of the right to keep and bear arms, and oppose most forms of gun regulation. It's well off topic though and chances are we won't agree on pretty much anything there going by your statement.

-

Other than that, I must say I am in awe of the EU's policies. What I'm not clear on is if this basically makes it illegal to make, sell, and consume Cinnamon Twists, or if it's simply not allowed to be sold as "food" but can still be sold in some other category like candy or whatever. By those standards I'd imagine a lot of pastries, candy, and other assorted things would fall prey to this kind of thing.

What's more it almost reminds me of the old 2000AD comics, like Judge Dredd, where a recurring joke was that sugar was illegal, and you'd have the Judges shaking down people for chocolate bars like they were hard drugs. Given that this has UK/European origins it seems almost oddly prophetic here... I'll actually find it hilarious if at some point a heavily armed police assault team raids a bakery on suspicion of selling Cinnamon Twists. :)

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
Therumancer said:
Rangerboy87 said:
Sad part of where I live, people will probably take that Duck Dynasty ad seriously and buy the guns, wear the bandana and start yammering about the government coming for their guns...I wish I was kidding
Well, my basic take on Duck Dynasty is that these guys are on TV because they are supposed to be among the best Duck Hunters in the world, having made a comparative fortune at it. Understanding this, I fail to understand why this all became political. It's not like anyone was ever touted these guys to be role models for anything other than you know... hunting.

That said, I see no real reason why it should be surprising that a heavily merchandised group of duck hunters wouldn't be selling guns, given that they sell just about everything else.

As far as the government coming for your guns, well, I'm not going to argue that point. Let's just say I'm a big defender of the right to keep and bear arms, and oppose most forms of gun regulation. It's well off topic though and chances are we won't agree on pretty much anything there going by your statement.
Actually, I'm more of a moderate on this issue. I have no problem with the right to own guns, where we probably differ is what guns should be allowed. I'm fine with the main 3 (pistols, rifles, and shotguns) because they are practical for hunting and protecting your home. It's automatic rifles and military grade weapons I don't see the need for. They are not practical for either reason.

And I am not against people getting the chance to use those kinds of weapons, but I think they should be limited to gun clubs and professional collectors.

It's all pointless though, like abortion, it's something the government will never dramatically mess with no matter which party is in office. It's just too radioactive to handle.

P.S. I hope they film a Cinnamon Twist raid someday. :)

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
VladG said:
Uhm... am I the only one who gets a franken-clip show of various Escapist series?

Or am I missing some kind of clever joke?
You are the only one with that video error, go talk to the tech team.

Dascylus

May 22, 2010
Someonetookmyname said:
Dascylus said:
To correctly pronounce any Danish word you must imitate the movement your tongue makes when it has been severely numbed.
No offense to any Danish people of course, I'm sure your language is rich and expressive. I myself am english and live in Sweden so I understand that whilst mocking language differences is fun we should be careful not to be insulting.

Except for people from Skåne, the words are Swedish but it sounds like Danish. Why don't they just pick one and stick to it.
Of course I'm joking. It's a wonderful part of Sweden with a beautiful landscape. Every region has its own idiosyncrasies in pronunciation.
I myself am from the southwest of England and... Hobbits and Pirates. I think I'll leave it there.
People use to say that you should talk as if you have a potato in your mouth, when you´re speaking danish.
Though it shouldn´t be so extreme, it is basically correct. We talk alot with our throats, more deep sounds.
Anyone from my country can easily hear the difference between the I in "Killing" -Kitten, and the Y in "Kylling" -Chicken.

I'm currently in Mexico, and it is really weird for me that my family can´t hear a difference between my friends names, when i´m talking of Lene and Lone.

And to keep stereotypes going: Swedish=Drunken danish. Norwegian=Drunken danish, being sung. Finnish=What?

Ps. No offense taken. Its all in good fun.
Pps. The "G" in "kanelsnegl" is pronounced like the Y in "hey." Really convoluted way of saying things, I know, but hey english isn´t my native language, and this was easiest to explain.
Ah yes, Finnish.
I overstated the "No Offence" part for comic effect to highlight my idiotic generalisation but I said nothing about the Finnish and their over use of the vowels "U" and "I"in case I got stabbed... No offence

Theysaid

Apr 12, 2011
Endocrom said:
I never understood why 4:20 was so special.

It's before 5 so that says to me that you don't have a job.
Not having a job says to me that you live off someone else, someone who probably does work, and gets off at 5.
So you get high just before the person supporting you gets back.
Shouldn't you be trying to HIDE the fact that you aren't pulling your weight? Do it at Noon or something.
This proves that no matter how much you fail to contribute to society you can still band together and steal a sign that means nothing to most people.

drschplatt

Aug 18, 2010
I rather enjoy watching Duck Dynasty and while I doubt I would spend any money on a D.D. brand firearm, I rather enjoy owning and using firearms of all types. I do find it funny that a group of people who enjoy playing video games, many of which are quite violent in nature mock people who enjoy hunting as a hobby. I'm not saying either one is wrong, I enjoy both, but it is a tad bit hypocritical to make fun of someone's hobby when their own hobby is equally ridiculous to some.

Just think it pays to be fair.

lommeuld

Apr 4, 2009
@Graham:

Pro-language tip - let google pronounce it for you:
http://translate.google.com/#da/en/kanelsnegl and click listen.

Btw, "snegl" can both mean slug or snail, but in this context it's snail and not slug because the pastry looks like the shell of which slugs have none.

And yes, the normal content of sugar and butter in cinnamon snails will kill you long before any amount of cinnamon will. Also, in Denmark its customary to throw cinnamon on males who are single on their 25th birthday. While this is a very old tradition it has now evolved into binding people to a lamp-post and showering them in kilograms of cinnamon. I'll bet more people have been injured or killed by this tradition than the pastry.