Feed Dump: Stowaway Pocket Calculator

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Stowaway Pocket Calculator

Just because all the other kids are stowing away doesn't mean that you have to.

Watch Video

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
The names of the two cats reminded me of those football players. First they had William "The Refrigerator" Perry, and then there was a guy bigger that him, so they called him "The Kitchen". :p

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
At 3:01 you can hear someone's stomach growl, clearly the camera man wasn't getting in on the lunch dump. Either that or it was a tunnel monster.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Gah, the episode kept freezing on me. The wi-fi is horrible down here in the wheel compartment of the plane.

Oh, wait, I think the plane's taking off. I think the episode said something about endorsing this kind of travel. See you guys in a few weeks when I get back to America from China!

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I always LOVE the hats... but this one?
I'm sure there's at least a few news outlets that sometimes have a regular old thing like that on!
The name is funny, but. They DO have that hat, and that made me sad. Which rhymes. Now I feel a little better.

And the captacha is bacon & eggs.
Yay!

Bobipine

Jan 22, 2010
I'm in Moncton and haven't heard of that cat before... I guess I might be taking the "There might be better sources for news, but they don't have THIS hat" a little too seriously. But I can't follow hatless news now that I've been served by hatted ones, it would go against all TF2 might have taught me!

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
Bonus points for using the word 'epistemological'. Even Chrome doesn't know how it's spelled. And this is why Cam is my favourite Feed Dumpster.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Oh man. That bit about the cats had me rolling. Too funny LRR guys, too funny. Thanks for another really funny FEED DUMP. :)

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
"It gets six more frames per second than the Antikythera mechanism."

That Cam has that word at his command (mispronounced though it was) is just amazingly wonderful.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Forwarding bomb threats sounds like a great idea.

*quick google search*

Dear god, that cat is fat.

Bujiraso

Feb 12, 2011
Another week goes by and still Kathleen refers to herself as "Kathleen De Vere" and not as "Princess of Romania-to-be, her Highness, Princess Kathleen De Vere".
Disappointed.

At least the episode was as awesome as usual. I guess that'll just HAVE to do.

xD

PrimePowerOn

Nov 30, 2009
Just a note: Cam mentioned that glass was a very slow flowing liquid. This is a very common misconception. This is a good link explaining that, though the arguments are kind of dense.

http://www.weburbia.com/physics/glass.html

If you want to ignore a lecture on thermo, you can just trust me. I'm a chemical / materials engineer. (B.S. from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Chemical and Biological Engineering, M.S. from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Materials and Process Engineering.)

Also, the reason for very old glass being thicker on the bottom (which is explained in the link provided) is that they used to use techniques that didn't give very uniform thickness. So, they installed the thicker (heavier) end down because it just kind of makes sense to put the thick bit at the bottom. Gravity and all. This is highly fragile glass we're talking about.....

And if you don't want to trust me, google it a bunch. Many sci/tech websites out there for you to find with explanations on the issue.

Sorry to call you out Cam! Hope it didn't come off dickish!

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
Yeah bitches! You better believe we have the fattest cats around! No one out girths our felines! WHOO!

We truly are the most petty city in Canada...

deathjavu

Nov 18, 2009
Cam nailed it again, but the best part was far and away the last pun "...non-mewtonian fluid".

I think my unborn grandchildren started groaning in response.

Captcha: WINNING

Yes they were captcha, yes they were.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Graham_LRR said:
--from Failsworth--
Uh-OH!!!

Graham, I hope that the "Failsworth" company doesn't see this episode or you may never get another hat from them.

Claim innocence!!!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Wow. That's a fat cat.

:) Fun show today.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
It's been a while since Paul was here. Nice to have him back.