Feed Dump: Test Tube Beef

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Alex your name tag isn't signed. I forgot your name so I had to go look it up, you could of saved me some time.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
The lab grown human meat will probably make all those people who have said "bite me" in the past now really regret saying that.

Now...Graham should really have another hat that ALSO says "My other hat is silly", just to create a mind puzzle of sorts. You know, like "The other side of this card is true/The other side of this card is false" kind of mind puzzle.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Nomophobia? I thought that was crippling fear of not being a mofo.

(Would gnomophobia be fear of knowledge of fear of gnomes? Or fear of sundials? Or fear of bankers?)

Personally, I have an irrational fear of the spherical analogue to a tesseract and specific parts of a horse's hoof.

Let's see someone figure that one out.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I don't even HAVE a mobile phone.

And err, I wouldn't even try that test tube meat, unless cows and pigs and chickens were all extinct.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
At the ski lodge clinic:

"Okay, so what do we have to triage now... Looks like a broken leg, a pulled shoulder, and... three people with first and second degree burns...?"

BoredRolePlayer

Nov 9, 2010
Two things

Cam again is funny as hell

I was still able to fap to the hat at the end of the episode as always

soooo keep up the good work guys

chif-ii

Aug 31, 2010
I want to see a Saint Bernard with, like, the cask around its neck and all, but have the Starbucks logo on the cask, and it's just filled with a double-mocha-expresso-whatever thing.

Just in case you couldn't figure it out, I don't drink coffee.

andersgeek

Jul 6, 2010
Goddammit. Who operated the camera this time? Especially in the first half whenever Cam was on cam [uh, sorry -_-], it was really distracting. :/

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
"That's a lot of dildos."

Poignant observation Alex.

Also, working at 2400 feet up a mountain does not sound like a fun job. I feel sorry for the ski-through workers that work there.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
orangeapples said:
what do vegetarians think of test tube meat?
Much like Soylent Green, it varies from person to person. (rimshot)

But seriously, vegetarians aren't a hive mind. There are almost as many different reasons for being a vegetarian as there are vegetarians. Vegetarians who simply don't like the taste of meat probably wouldn't like it. Vegetarians who are against animal farming might approve of it as a way to reduce animal cruelty. Vegetarians who want everything to be "organic" would oppose it.

And there are infinite variations and permutations of the above. I know some vegetarians who are fine eating processed food and "meat substitutes," while others will only eat whole fruit, vegetables and nuts in their "natural" state. There are even vegan Buddhists who make elaborate meals that look and taste almost exactly like animals, as a kind of homage/prayer to the animals they are not eating.

BoredRolePlayer

Nov 9, 2010
chif-ii said:
I want to see a Saint Bernard with, like, the cask around its neck and all, but have the Starbucks logo on the cask, and it's just filled with a double-mocha-expresso-whatever thing.

Just in case you couldn't figure it out, I don't drink coffee.
Star Bucks isn't coffee it's fasion

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
Marudas said:
Funny Episode. Probably my favorite two guests.

Honestly I don't see the problem with cultured meat. I make no claims to being a vegetarian or environmentalist of any kind, but if you find "Grown by men in white lab coats" disgusting, don't go looking for how we currently produce our meat products. It may turn your stomach.
Exactly. I'd be more than happy to eat "grown" meat. Plus it would make all this preachy vegetarianism (sorry to all veggies, but you have some awful annyoing fellows) unnecessary because no animals would suffer anymore.

Aardvaarkman said:
Vegetarians who want everything to be "organic" would oppose it.
That's just... silly. But a choice.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
Le_Lisra said:
Aardvaarkman said:
Vegetarians who want everything to be "organic" would oppose it.
That's just... silly. But a choice.
That's not just vegetarians, not by a long shot. There are plenty of meat-eaters (mostly yuppies) who insist that their meat be grass-fed, and their food is "artisanal" and produced by small local businesses living in a quaint village. There are people who are really into meat, but only hunt their own food.

For a lot of people, the idea of "science" and "industry" being involved in food production is off-putting. It's not really rational, but it's understandable on some level. The processed food industry produces a ton of crap. When you see how many people are feeding their children almost 100% junk food, the alternatives look more attractive.

Back in the 1950s, some people were looking forward to a future where we could get all our dietary needs just by taking a few pills, and we wouldn't have to bother cooking real food. "Better living through chemistry." That's not the kind of world I want to live in. I believe in balance. Food processing and science has its place, but we also shouldn't totally divorce ourselves from the raw beauty of nature. But I'm also not a luddite who believes that anything produced by industry is "evil."

anian

Sep 10, 2008
They should really concentrate on growning transplant organs instead of meat to eat. This just sounds like they tried to do organs but then gave up and said "meh, it'll be a meatball".

Starbucks idea kind of misses on an important point of buying coffee and the reason why you can always sit somewhere after it to drink - you can't really ski AND drink coffee, you can probably walk and drink, but coffee is hot and I seriously doubt there's that many people who can ski/snowboard with one hand leveled and steady enough to hold a styrofoam coffee cup filled with hot liquid, or if they can, they probably don't want to...

Dudly

Dec 10, 2010
Just realized the day that testube meat is alowed and eaten by most people then all the cows pigs sheep and any other animal that is bred for food will be killed that day only dairy cows and egg laying chickens would be around that would make for a boring farm

Ninedeus

Feb 26, 2010
The look on the faces of people who read speed limit sign would be fun. Confused or irritated. Heck, they might even hit a kid or two as they are too distracted trying to read what time is the speed limit on and checking their watch at the same time.