Feed Dump: The Biggest, Blackest Dump

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
The Biggest, Blackest Dump

There's a new black material and Kathleen and Ash are EXCITED. Also a drunk mayor and a crazy lady from Canada.

Watch Video

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
I would be excited for a new black material too.... But too many super heroes wear it.... In which case I think I'm going to have to find the most Orange of Oranges.... Oh wait.... That's Donald Trump.... Okay anything but Black or Orange....

Jan 12, 2012
For those wondering what vantablack looks like, there's this article from Extreme Tech, complete with video. It is indeed very black. Unfortunately, the structure of it (a bunch of stacked nanotubes) is such that making fabric out of it seems difficult- the only solution is to build robot suits, cover them with vantablack, and have the most underwhelming robot fights this side of Medabots.

Also, way to have Kathleen steal one of the few hats big enough for Graham. He'll have to go back to trying to put tiny little cloth socks on his mighty melon.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
I think we all know what the real question here is:

How much more black could it be? [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46kXH6GGtT0]

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Not gonna lie, really curious about that Vantablack... kinda want clothing made out of it, if at all possible.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Wouldn't a ventablack ninjasuit be counterproductive? You know: you would seem like a pretty obvious dark void sticking out in the darkness around you. That being said: Yeah, I want one......

As for the mayor: Yeah, I'd reelect that guy.

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Falterfire said:
I think we all know what the real question here is:

How much more black could it be? [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46kXH6GGtT0]
It could be slightly darker black...

LRR, you had a Canadian story with no intro; have you retired "LOL Canada"?

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
So now we can finally make Hotblack Desiato's ship and crash it into the sun at the climax of our next Disaster Area concert.

Kathleen needs to trade that iPhone/Android whatever in on a full sized pad (held out by someone else next to the camera) or maybe just invest in a real teleprompter.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I can't load the video, on either mobile safari, or chrome. Ironically, all I see is a black rectangle.

EDIT

I could only watch it in SD, I did not become a pubclub member in 2011 to get this level of website shittyness. :(

Sorry, I'm just in a bad mood.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Environmental protection! Good!

Lots of bullshit! BAD!

Vanta black sounds like the coolest thing ever.

AmberSword

Jun 16, 2014
How do you get even cooler than black?
Become Darker Than Black!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darker_than_Black

Alright, I'll show myself out, no need to shove.

In all seriousness though, Vantablack clothing would probably be ridiculously uncomfortable to wear, due to all the heat being absorb, especially if you lived in a tropical country near the equator like me.

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
The mayor would not have need to get barred from each pub. If the city had a "barring order" you would not be able to go to other licenced venues if you get barred from one. *edit* Arrr, nuts! I should listen for longer.

Not sure if you could get a solid material made out of Vanta Black, there are always impurities in the manufacturing process and it does not come out that way. Even paint is not able to be totally the correct colour, they match it as good as possible.