Feed Dump: Trains, Heads and Lobsters

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Thousand Island is indeed a mysterious secret sauce...

And apparently that cleaning lady didn't mean to steal a train, she just started it accidentally...

Wait... how did the people that caught those female lobsters in the first place who put the notches on their tails tell they were female if a notch on the tail is needed to be able to tell?

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
One of Many said:
Graham_LRR said:
Trains, Heads and Lobsters

This week we learn how to get a head in O'Hare.

Watch Video
As someone who works in the lobster industry, I'd like to explain the tail notch. Its not that its illegal to take female lobsters, in fact my company has customers who will only ordered females but it is illegal to take eggers (female lobsters who are ready to lay eggs, which you can tell because the underside of the tail will be covered with eggs). When a fisherman catches an egger, their suppose to cut a notch in the shape of a V in the tail and throw it back. The notch tells anyone else who catches that lobster, that she's a breeder and that she gets a free pass until she molts.

Of course there are those, when they catch eggers, scrap the eggs off with a brush, which is illegal and makes them scumbags.
That's really neat!

The article I was reading didn't explain that very clearly at all, so thanks for the better explanation!

The Random One

May 29, 2008
In Which It Turns Out Kate Knows Nothing

I thought the heads had been dispatched. You can carry the bodies in the carrion luggage.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The small animal scenario made me remember the Disney movie's "The Rescuers"! :D

How did that Italian get past the border? o_O

flaviok79

Feb 22, 2011
Hey, LRR crew:

Not only you are the funniest people on the nets, but you are all (without exception) very adorable people! Is it a Canadian thing, or something in the water? There is a quality to your videos that transmits an easygoing atmosphere, like it is more a pleasure than a job working together.

I send you my votes of another great year of comedy for you and us, your spectators.

Oh, by the way, Kate is so cute in this one!

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Paul seemed extra zany in this one... he seemed pretty high, in fact. Another epic FD!