Feed Dump: Wrong Lot, Right Andy

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Wrong Lot, Right Andy

How easy is it to make a million dollar mistake? Turns out, really damned easy if you're in Florida.

Watch Video

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
How long did it take to build this home? If you're such a yuppie you can't be arsed to check in on the construction of your home at LEAST every couple of months, then you kind of deserve what you get.

Jan 12, 2012
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
How long did it take to build this home? If you're such a yuppie you can't be arsed to check in on the construction of your home at LEAST every couple of months, then you kind of deserve what you get.
Speaking through secondhand knowledge of the building trade, it doesn't take that much distance between where you are now and where the house is being built for you to be content with regular reports from the company, as well as occasional photos (and if the place is as unremarkable as it sounds, they might not have realised either). Considering the size of the place (and that it was a company building that one specifically, rather than developing a neighbourhood), it probably only was scheduled to take a few months. Regular people don't go stomping around building sites on the off chance that the house is being built in the wrong place.

What I want to know is, who builds a 5 bed/5-half bath? That is entirely too many bathrooms for the number of residents, unless it's designed for a bunch of grandparent suites.

Also, you guys have got to stop breaking Andy when he comes on Feed Dump; he leaves for such a long time to recuperate, and I miss his lovable accents.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
So, Andy has revealed to the world that Narnia is located inside of the Moon Base... Weirdly, I'm not that surprised.

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
I would imagine a great deal of the problem was the land surveyors saying they were on the right lot, twice. They're the authority on the issue, so if they tell you that you're on the right lot you're likely to believe them, even if you look at your own map and see that it might be wrong. Maybe you disbelieve the first one, so you call in the second to double check - to get a second opinion. And if they give the same opinion as the first... it's hard to fault the home owners for trusting them over the maps. If I were the home owners, I'd be suing the hell out of those two surveyors and the companies they work for.

Oh, and next time you have Andy on, can you turn down his mic, or have him sit farther away from the mic? He was hilarious but at times he was painful to listen to - literally painful. (Just to be clear I want MORE Andy but at a lower decibel level.)

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
The worst thing about LRR's shows is that they don't feature nearly enough Andy...

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Furioso said:
So, Andy has revealed to the world that Narnia is located inside of the Moon Base... Weirdly, I'm not that surprised.
Me neither...but then, I dabble in multiversal bullcrap, so I've seen things that would cause normal brains to melt.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I've missed Andy.

"We're shitbags! :D"

However, I think Andy is going to get in trouble when he meets the witch.

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
Depressingly, that mansion being built on the wrong lot is probably also a 'failure of the American Dream' story. It happened near where I live in a place called Flagler County. Few other places in the US suffered from the Recession as much as Flagler County did in that few places had as many foreclosures as Flagler did. Prior to the downturn the US Census Bureau classified Palm Coast/Flagler County as its own metropolis. Now it's been reclassified as a suburb of Daytona Beach. The Census Bureau likely did that to make sure that Flagler County still received federal funding after the massive loss of its tax base. It wouldn't surprise me if the County inspectors simply didn't have the equipment or expertise to correctly determine the right lot because the County couldn't afford it. On the plus side there's probably a lot of cheap mansions near the ocean for sale there.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Draconalis said:
I miss Graham host. When will Graham host come back?

Will it be soon?

Also... more red headed creeper guy I really really like but can't remember the name of.
IT'S EVERYTHING I EVER ASKED FOR!

And it was glorious.

Andy... his name is Andy...

McGuinty1

Oct 30, 2010
Always, ALWAYS count on Andy. If there were any justice or sanity, he would be prime minister of our great country for life.

Hiramas

Aug 31, 2010
ThingWhatSqueaks said:
Given how easily Andy disappeared into them I think that the LRR people have a worrying quantity of jackets.
Andy is not the first, and I suspect not the last, victim of the LRR-Costume-Terror:

http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/2078/Cleaning-Day

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
Yay! Andy is always great! Nice to have in the show again!

Aside from that: Sooooooooo ... where do I get this cheese hat now!? You said we could have this!

Methodia Chicken

Sep 9, 2014
I think we need some Live on the scene reporting from "The Back"

Someone will have to go after Andy anyway. nothing cures crushing sadness and the failures of humanity like Turkish delight.