Feeling sick after not eating for 14 days

MarshallNX

Jul 6, 2017
I am feeling dizzy and I have blurry vision after not eating for 14 days. I want to lose weight so I decided to do a water fast for 30 days.
Can you recommend some pill to take to make me feel a little better? I d'ont want to eat until I reach my goal. I've seen people on youtube that did 30 days easily.

PS: I'm a male

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Please consider talking to a qualified doctor, for all you know the Youtubers didn't actually stick to the diet properly. I know humans can survive a surprisingly long time without food, but this sounds really risky, there has to be a more effective way to diet.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
That's a terrible idea. Not only due to the obvious health issues, but because starvation doesn't help you lose weight long term, you tend to put it back on again soon after, and often a bit besides.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
MarshallNX said:
I am feeling dizzy and I have blurry vision after not eating for 14 days. I want to lose weight so I decided to do a water fast for 30 days.
Can you recommend some pill to take to make me feel a little better? I d'ont want to eat until I reach my goal. I've seen people on youtube that did 30 days easily.

PS: I'm a male
This might be because starving yourself to lose weight is incredibly stupid and dangerous.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
No. I can't. Because it would be dramatically irresponsible of me to recommend you to do so. You need to stop trying to starve yourself like this, not take a pill to overcome it.

I'm a biomedical scientist. My advice is holy god eat something. Actually hold that thought...its probably even advisable to speak to a doctor before you do so that you can properly pace your eating again; having not eaten at all for two weeks straight (especially if you're not taking in appropriate salts) will have probably screwed up your body's metabolism somewhat. Not to mention the fact that weight lost in this way is likely to include muscle and water, not necessarily fat, and will quite likely just come right back on when you start eating again. This is absolutely not the way to lose weight.

So speak to a doctor. Then start eating again based on their advice.

If you're determined to lose weight very quickly then speak to your doctor about it who will either be able to provide advice him/herself or will be able to recommend you a dietitian or trustworthy registered nutritionist. Unusually low-intake diets combined with exercise absolutely can work (but are rarely recommended, generally its better to reduce by a lesser amount and do it more gradually) but firstly you still have to have SOME intake and secondly they should ONLY be attempted under medical advice when you're talking about extremely low calorie intakes.

Please stop trying to do this before you hurt yourself. And don't get dieting advice off fucking youtube.

I don't really log into these forums much anymore (I feel a little uncomfortable these days with the login being unsecured) but I lurk and felt I absolutely had to reply to this. Its dangerous...

one squirrel

Aug 11, 2014
Ok, this is the wrong place for bad jokes, so I am being dead serious here:

-What you are doing is dangerous.
-Go see a doctor at first opportunity.
-Start eating again.
-If you absolutely have the determination to fast, seek seek proper medical advice, and don't ask random people on the internet.

I hope you will be fine. Cheers.

Catnip1024

Jan 25, 2010
Well, most importantly, surely a water fast means you are constantly losing salt because you aren't taking any in. Salt is essential for absorbing all sorts of critical stuff, including water. So a water fast will kill you.

I mean, if you want to do crazy calorie cutting, drop to an intake of 1,000 calories a day or something. See how that goes. But eat something that gives you the essential minerals and the likes.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
I had something else I wanted to say to the original poster, but I'd probably earn an infraction for it.

So... Bloody go see a doctor, you dunce, and stop taking advice from random strangers on the internet regarding your health. And yes, I do realise the irony of what I just wrote.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
After 14 days of total abstinence of food? I would actually go to the hospital before you eat something. You've likely done some serious damage to yourself, and eating without proper supervision of quantity control might actually hurt you more.

You may also be severely deprived of phoshates.

I really suggest you go to hospital where they can monitor you. Also avoid lactose. Choose foods with high osmolarity. Eat food only sparingly to begin with. I mean, that's what they taught us in 4 RAR if we came across prisoners and other detainees in the field. If it works on malnourished prisoners, I figure this is a pretty good parallel.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
To reiterate what others have said: See a doctor, immediately. Don't even go back to just eating normally again; your body may not be able to handle the switch now. You need a trained medical professional to guide you on how to get back to health.

Starving yourself is not the right way to lose weight. Your body will eventually cannibalize your musculature or even vital organs for nutrients.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I have a pill. It is called a god-damn hamburger.

But more seriously, going 14 days without eating anything is a TERRIBLE idea. Stop this shit immediately.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Tayh said:
So... Bloody go see a doctor, you dunce, and stop taking advice from random strangers on the internet regarding your health.
No kidding. It's like those people who get their health facts from celebrity idiots and not fucking actual fucking trained fucking doctors.

Step 1. Hospital
Step 2. Do everything they tell you to do
Step 3. Never do this again
Step 4. Don't take medical or dieting advice from the fucking internet of all places, jesus

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I recommend a type of pill called a hamburger. It will do a great job of curing your condition. They're a bit large to swallow all at once, though. Fortunately they come in chewable varieties. Take one a day, with water.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
infohippie said:
I recommend a type of pill called a hamburger. It will do a great job of curing your condition. They're a bit large to swallow all at once, though. Fortunately they come in chewable varieties. Take one a day, with water.
look two posts up.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
...I'm sorry, you what? Talk to a doctor. NOW. I cannot emphasize enough that eating nothing for an extended period of time is - with no exaggeration - suicidally dangerous. After two weeks of negligible nutrition, you are looking at refeeding syndrome when you do start eating again. And that can kill you.

Even liquid only diets don't do water only for any extended period of time because your body needs calories and nutrients for its day to day function. A healthy diet tends to reduce your caloric intake by 500-800 (out of around 2000 or higher, depending on your activity level), not to zero.

Again: Talk to a doctor.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
MarshallNX said:
I am feeling dizzy and I have blurry vision after not eating for 14 days.
This is because you are starving, and are being deprived of energy and essential chemicals like salt. You'll need to see a doctor so you can be medically fed before you try eating actual food again.
I want to lose weight so I decided to do a water fast for 30 days.
Eating healthily and exercising will do the same, and won't kill you.
Can you recommend some pill to take to make me feel a little better? I d'ont want to eat until I reach my goal.
Well, since you're 14 days in, you'll have to spend some time with a tube up your nose having nutrient enhanced goo pumped into your stomach, so that's technically not eating.
I've seen people on youtube that did 30 days easily.
A fit, healthy human can survive for about forty days without food. Anyone going without food for any extended period will suffer severe side effects afterwards, and any weight lost will be regained with interest since you clearly need extra fat reserves.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
All right. Take a few deep breaths, and calm down. I will walk you through the busterkeatonrules solution.

CAUTION: busterkeatonrules is not qualified as a doctor, nor as a whole lot else. He is a random stranger from the Internet, of whom you know absolutely nothing. The first thing you should do is go see the kind of doctor who has an actual doctor's office where you can physically show up and talk to a real human being. The Internet can probably help you find several such places close to where you live. Once you have done this, you may proceed.
You back? Excellent. Let's begin!

*Cut a small baguette in half, lenghtwise. If you have no baguette handy, two slices of freshly baked bread will do nicely.

*Apply a thin coating of butter or margarine to the bottom slice. If you're feeling creative, spreadable cheese will also do.

*Place a leaf of lettuce on top of the aforementioned substance.

*Now is an excellent time to place a slice of cheese on top of the lettuce, especially if you didn't use cheese before.

*Add some meat. Smoked ham is excellent. Roast beef is magnificent. Or a slice or two of salami. Anything goes - including nothing (the vegetarian option.) If vegetarian option is desired, more vegetables should be added. A few slices of tomato are especially recommended.

*Cut a slice or two from an onion. Separate individual rings, and arrange them on top of stack.

*Apply small amount of mustard to top slice, followed by slightly larger amount of ketchup. Add top slice to accumulation of ingredients on bottom slice. Condimented side should face down.

*Eat the resulting sandwich.

*Relish feeling of contentment and relief, and learn to accept yourself for who you are.

*Repeat as desired.