FEMALE gamers VS MALE gamers

gamingbruin

Mar 8, 2009
Hi fellow gamers :)

I'm currently a student at UCLA, and I'm doing a research project on FEMALE GAMERS! :)
I'm actually a female gamer myself, so I'm particularly interested in finding out more about our rare breed.

Though the study is about female gamers, male gamers can take the quiz too (I'm making comparisons between the two genders).

All I need from you guys is to take two fairly short quizzes: the first one is a temperament (sort of like a personality quiz) and the second one is just some questions about gaming in general.

PUT MY E-MAIL ADDRESS ([email protected]) when you take the temperament quiz!
Also be sure to put the same alias/name for both quizzes so I can match you guys up.
It's totally anonymous, so you can even put a random word as your name if you'd like (just be sure to use the same one for both quizzes).

Here are the links:
(LINKS TAKEN DOWN) - THANKS SO MUCH for everyone who has contributed.
I'm way over my head with the large number of responses (about 250+), so I'm not accepting any more new survey responses.
But, once again, thank you so much for those that have completed it. :)

Sure I don't have anything to offer you guys in return...except my undying gratitude haha.
You can feel better for knowing that you're helping a fellow gamer out by helping her not fail her class in college!
I'd offer to challenge you all to a friendly game but I've become kind of rusty.
If you're in the Los Angeles area I may be willing to treat you to some free ice cream! :)

E-mail me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Happy gaming!

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Did both and my results for the first one didn't surprise me because I knew things about myself given my autism. As for the second one I can only hope you find my answers useful.

DoomDispenser

Mar 4, 2009
I am a devoted supporter to not failing classes, so I must contribute.

(takes test...)

Apparently I am an improviser, almost went off the scales there. Hopefully our tests will help you in whatever you wish to achieve here. And I must admit it was fun taking that little survey. Always fun to find out a little bit about yourself.

Lord_Of_Plum

Apr 5, 2008
Would I be allowed to take this quiz if I'm under 18? I don't want to mess up the results or anything.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Alright, I did it.
I loved how this paragraph:

Theme 3: Want knowledge and to be competent, to achieve. Seek to understand how the world and things in it work. Are theory oriented. See everything as conditional and relative. Are oriented to the infinite. Trust logic and reason. Want to have a rationale for everything. Are skeptical. Think in terms of differences, delineating categories, definitions, structures, and functions. Hunger for precision, especially in thought and language. Are skilled at long-range planning, inventing, designing, and defining. Generally are calm. Foster individualism. Frequently gravitate toward technology and the sciences. Well suited for engineering and devising strategy, whether in the social or physical sciences.

Describes me perfectly. There's nothing about it that doesn't apply to me.

Loved this survey, it was fascinating. Hope to see you around the Escapist even after you turn in your project.

MaxFan

Nov 15, 2008
That second one was hard. I hope even my short attempts at answers helped.

RowdyRukia

Mar 9, 2008
HEY! I'm with poet_lawreate! hope my essay answeres dont screw up your doc. lol. I got carried away. Female gamers UNITE!! lol

KinSan3

Mar 8, 2009
Hey, I hope your going to post some conclusions!
(and i hope it's not all male gamers are bigots...)

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
What pray tell are you trying to determine? As in, what are the differences you are comparing and to what end?

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
I hope you aren't only using the escapist as your sample or else you will have very scewed results.

poet_lawreate

Mar 3, 2009
Okay, I admit, I essay'd a little. I hope you don't mind and that my feminist empowerment answers don't short out your spreadsheet =)

Hope you stay here on Escapist... we have cookies.