Female protagonists who aren't neccesarily beautiful but whom you like anyway?

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
jboking said:
Pyre00 said:
Cesasse said:
Moira from Fallout 3.
I adore her psychotic cheerfulness. I'd walk through Minefield for her giggling joy.
Moria is the whole reason I blew up Megaton.
and she STILL didn't die.

on topic, I kind of liked Faith from Mirror's Edge. She wasn't exactly beautiful either.
laugh out loud.

I reloaded a save just to spite Moria, I thought it would be great to incinerate Megaton just to get rid of her, but alas she survives and stands outside to greet you no less. I couldn't even tread on the remains of her shop.

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
I loved Alyx.
I wished Gordon would fucking talk to her, throw her a damn rope.
I wished she would let her hair down. That would jump her attractiveness WAYYY UP in my opinion.

The Steel Ninja

Mar 31, 2009
shophius said:
The Steel Ninja said:
I have no idea if this counts, but I feel that most of the female RE main characters aren't conventionally attractive, still hot in their own way, but not the way Hollywood shoves down our throats.
I think they made an effort with Ashley, but got it horribly wrong wih the ears. How can you say Ada is not conventionally attractive as well?
Ada's an exception, I wouldn't call Jill or Rebecca uber-Hollywood-hot.

And George Bush/Obama ears are teh sexiness, foo'

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
SyphonX said:
jboking said:
Pyre00 said:
Cesasse said:
Moira from Fallout 3.
I adore her psychotic cheerfulness. I'd walk through Minefield for her giggling joy.
Moria is the whole reason I blew up Megaton.
and she STILL didn't die.

on topic, I kind of liked Faith from Mirror's Edge. She wasn't exactly beautiful either.
laugh out loud.

I reloaded a save just to spite Moria, I thought it would be great to incinerate Megaton just to get rid of her, but alas she survives and stands outside to greet you no less. I couldn't even tread on the remains of her shop.
I just stood there with my mouth open after I returned to megaton. I was willing to kill lucas sims(also known as badass cowboy man) to get rid of her annoying ass...and she is still there.

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
The Steel Ninja said:
shophius said:
The Steel Ninja said:
I have no idea if this counts, but I feel that most of the female RE main characters aren't conventionally attractive, still hot in their own way, but not the way Hollywood shoves down our throats.
I think they made an effort with Ashley, but got it horribly wrong wih the ears. How can you say Ada is not conventionally attractive as well?
Ada's an exception, I wouldn't call Jill or Rebecca uber-Hollywood-hot.

And George Bush/Obama ears are teh sexiness, foo'
I'll give you that actually, they're pretty average looking.

ah those ears...

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
General Clarke from Supreme Commander, she has this big scar and according to the backstory is around 50 years old (although she looks more like 35 or something), but is very likeable. She's really distressed when one of her commanders is presumed dead/betrays the UEF, so in contrast to many "action girls" she actually cares for her subordinates.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
shophius said:
I loved Chell from Portal. She could be attractive. Who knows? she's wearing practical clothes and looks bedraggled. Maye outside with normal clothes and cleaned up she'd look pretty. The main reason I like her though is because she's not whining victim relying on some muscle bound bloke to come save her. She deals with her situation herself. It also helps tht she hasn't got her boobs hanging out.
Chell needs to get into more games, she's a great character. And no matter how attractive she'd be cleaned up, I bet some people would still get turned off by her lack of eye color or basic social functions.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Pyre00 said:
Zoey from Left 4 Dead. Like Alyx, she's cute in a unconventional way.
i have to agree on Zoey. but the problem in ur meaning there is that she indeed looks good. i always say she has a good ass to my buddies. not even to mention her knockers. her hair looks good too.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Samus wasn't beautiful until they insisted on fan-service.
Jade is awesome.
Midna's not a protagonist, but I like her?
Chell wasn't exactly attractive.
Faith I personally found somewhat attractive, but realistically and feasibly. And I liked her for the most part.

There's a few.

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
shophius said:
I loved Chell from Portal. She could be attractive. Who knows? she's wearing practical clothes and looks bedraggled. Maye outside with normal clothes and cleaned up she'd look pretty. The main reason I like her though is because she's not whining victim relying on some muscle bound bloke to come save her. She deals with her situation herself. It also helps tht she hasn't got her boobs hanging out.
Chell needs to get into more games, she's a great character. And no matter how attractive she'd be cleaned up, I bet some people would still get turned off by her lack of eye color or basic social functions.
All aspects which make her more charming in my opinion xD

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Kukul said:
Jesus people, are you serious? Ashley Williams? Alyx Vance? Zoey?
They are all very attractive women with perfectly symetrical faces, flawless figures and no physical defects at all. Just because they aren't presented in overtly sexual way, doesn't mean they're not beautiful. I've never seen a plainly unattractive woman as a positive character in a video game.
The truth is good looking people provoke more sympathy and that's why they're always be protagonists.
Ah, there's the voice of reality.

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
Kukul said:
Jesus people, are you serious? Ashley Williams? Alyx Vance? Zoey?
They are all very attractive women with perfectly symetrical faces, flawless figures and no physical defects at all. Just because they aren't presented in overtly sexual way, doesn't mean they're not beautiful. I've never seen a plainly unattractive woman as a positive character in a video game.
The truth is good looking people provoke more sympathy and that's why they're always be protagonists.
You spoke my mind... Creepy
And I'll like to add that Jade is far from unattractive. The game designers clearly spent the most time out of all the models on her. And she has an exposed midriff (What is this world coming to!).

Cesasse

Apr 18, 2009
RH3INLAND. said:
Oh we will, in our lovely penthouse suite ;)
...With the only reasonably attractive girl who might do you without being paid to being quite possibly dead.

Nuclear cockblock!

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Okay, just for the heck of it, I'll throw in Alma Wade.
She isn't attractive at all.
But she makes me laugh.