Fez Gets $100 Collector's Edition Three Years Too Late

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
B-lockdown080 said:
Fuck Phil Fish
I wouldn't mind this comment being left alone from "low content post" rulings.

OP: $10 bucks says Tim Schafer uses the last of the Broken Age Kickstarter money to buy up all of the copies of this.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
lol Who the hell cares. Fezz guy pretty much fucked us gamers all off So fuck him. lol 3 years later. Gimp ran outta money ? Or is that some how gamers beings assholes ?

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
There ought to be some third-party organisation that 'certifies' collector's editions, because otherwise I'm not sure what is meant by 'collector.' Be much easier if it wasn't just developers or publishers snapping their fingers and saying, "Of course! Collector's Editions can be as expensive as we want!" without having to have anything worth collecting in the first place.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Never heard of him. Have the game.... It's pleasant, but it isn't good enough to justify a fantastic looking case like that though. Can someone do the same design for Dust: An Elysian Tale/Tail? It will be the only time i could justify myself spending that amount of dolla on an indie game collector's edition.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Wow, so much hate and anger.
I personally enjoyed Fez. Never bothered with Phil or the drama though.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
sonicneedslovetoo said:
Wasn't this canceled a wile back? Or were there blowups, or fake twitter accounts or something like that?

Honestly I tried to forget about him as quickly as possible after that whole incident.
I could be wrong, but it was Fez 2 that was cancelled after Fish had a bit of a meltdown. This is the first we've heard of this collectors edition for Fez 1 as far was I'm aware.

I'm going to echo the statements of the other posters; what, you run out of money, mr Fish?

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Zontar said:
DrownedAmmet said:
Zontar said:
gact said:
oh look who ran out of money!
Probably couldn't scam the Canadian government into giving him a grant to make a piece of art using stolen concepts like he did for Fez.
I hope someone steals the concept of selling a special edition of a game in a bad-ass book like that, I would love to have a copy of a good game like that
Maybe someone should page Bethesda, an Elder Scrolls collection using that would be awesome.
Even better, Fallout Collector Edition Collection in a book that looks like a Pre-War Book, bonus points if they put them in classic Sci-fi novels.

OT: Phil Fish is probably the last person I'd ever give money to, just because of the stupid stunts he's pulled.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
I'd like to buy all CEs for all games if I had the money. Even CoD's, despite me probably only playing its SP. Or games I'll never touch. All CEs are welcome. Even Asscreeds, even if this is the only game in the last game I returned. CEs are to me now what PC games and Guide Book Editions of SNES RPGs back then were. Like the true standard.

But not if Phil Fish was involved. Then I don't. Nope. He's a massive c--...

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
A KissLike Smile said:
I wouldn't really say it is "late" so much as the games industry does things backwards. In most industries they release a product, people like it and X years down the line they release a special/limited/anniversary edition (how many re-releases of Lord of the Rings were there?).

Which makes more sense as the people know they like the product already. Games on the other hand release special editions for something you've never even experienced yet so you are throwing money at something you might not even like, which is just bizarre.
This...this is a very good point. I've never even thought about it that way.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
NLS said:
Wow, so much hate and anger.
I personally enjoyed Fez. Never bothered with Phil or the drama though.
Feels like a lot were personally offended by what he said, which is a running theme with gamers.

Fish is a prick, but I don't disagree with a lot of what he said. He did receive a lot of abuse, and ended up lashing out in a very self-destructive manner. There's probably lessons for everyone to learn in here somewhere, but it's the internet so that'll never happen.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
StatusNil said:
Well, there are only so many crowdfunding projects Tim Schaefer can skim $ off the top of to throw parties for Phil to DJ at. It's certainly an argument for the welfare state.

Remember, if you don't buy it, you're NO FRIEND OF HIS!!!
You make it sound like that's a bad thing.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
11zxcvb11 said:
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
I'd never support a whiny bastard like Fish, in any way. Can't take criticism, don't put your work out there in the public eye. Its not victim blaming, its a fact of life. You have to have stones/balls/tough skin/whatever to publicly display whatever art you do, no matter what the medium. Sorry.
i don't personally like fish and i only moderately enjoyed fez (so i won't be buying this), but i would much sooner support somebody like fish, even if he whines, than somebody like uwe boll who proudly displays his art :(
See its well known though that Uwe Boll is just as bad as Phil Fish, in a different light, by way of challenging his critics to literal boxing matches. Also Uwe Boll does not make art, he makes (made?) tax dodging films for wealthy clients while abusing game IPs to boot.

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
Don't own the game and never will. Somebody will buy these though. You know they will. The format of this limited edition seems really cool, but god knows who he stole the idea from.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
So you get the game, the OST, and a hard-cover note book.

How is this even remotely worth 100 dollars?!

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Fish has soured Fez so much for me, I feel it's not even worth pirating out of spite.

Great for those who are into it, but I certainly don't want to support such a petty person.

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
100 dollars...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fez was a good game but the OST and a notebook... not even close to worth that price, hell 60 dollars would be pushing it.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
gact said:
oh look who ran out of money!
I'd say that sums up the reason behind this delayed Collector's Edition.

It's all fun and games until you go broke and realize that you bit the hand that feeds you and you realize your one claim to fame truly is your only claim to fame.

Too bad you turned out to be a pretentious, obnoxious dingleberry, Mr. Fish...otherwise people might have actually cared about this collector's edition.

XT6Wagon

Sep 8, 2014
Fez, A game I paid $0 for, and still felt like I somehow got ripped off.

Got it free with PS+, and quickly became disappointed in how it ran. Might have been valid to have that bad of a response time to commmands if it was on say... Amiga 500, but with a modern console?

Gameplay is also boring.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
I don't see this doing well. Not now anyway.

Not to mention, the only reason this is exists is likely due to Phil need more money, or thinking he's not getting enough from the royalty's of his game.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
I mean when the game first came out and people were tripping over themselves to praise it would have been a better time to sell this, also maybe when you made a ton of money you should have gone to these things called a bank and put all that money into an investment account so you know when times like this happen you don't have to come crawling back to the people you said. I wish I could throw you all into a building and burn it down.

Maybe if you weren't such a raging prick I would consider buying the game but you know I use a pc and apparently I'm unworthy so this is not tempting to me at all.