Fez Is Coming To PlayStation

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Fez Is Coming To PlayStation

Fez studio Polytron has made it official: The hit indie game is on its way to a PlayStation platform near you.

Phil Fish may be done with Fez, but Fez obviously isn't done with Phil. Or something like that. What really matters here is that when Polytron Producer Marie-Christine Bourdua said earlier this month that the studio had "other stuff [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126518-Fez-2-Cancellation-Surprised-Polytron-Producer]" in the works, she wasn't kidding.

That "other stuff," or at least some of it, turns out to be a PlayStation version of Fez. Which PlayStation, you ask? Try all of them, or all of the currently-relevant ones anyway: PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, with cross-platform play supported between the PS3 and Vita.

PlayStation Fez is being developed by Blit Software [http://www.blitsoftware.com/], a studio that specializes in porting existing games to new platforms and is also working on the PS Vita version of Spelunky. No release date has been set but Polytron said on its website that the game is "coming soon."

Source: Polytron [http://polytroncorporation.com/fez-coming-to-ps-everything]

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Cool another game for my Ps-indie machine.
I never really played indie games until I ran out of new games to play on my Vita, now I love em'.

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
It will be coming to the Playstation until Fish pitches a fit over a sleight real or imagined and pulls the game.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
That sounds nice. I figured Polytron was done after the Fish fiasco, but I guess not. Now I'll finally be able to see what all the hub-bub was about that game.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Somethingfake said:
It will be coming to the Playstation until Fish pitches a fit over a sleight real or imagined and pulls the game.
But just think: a whole new group of people for him to tell to kill themselves.

(and for people to oddly defend).

Prof.Beany

Apr 22, 2011
Now a whole new demographic of gamers can enjoy the thrills of both sucking AND choking on it.
Glory be to Fish.

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
Won't buy it and I never will. I don't support Mr. Fish, his attitude about the industry, or the contempt for his fans.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
So Phil Fish's legacy will be making just one game and rereleasing it on as many platforms as possible, he must be trying to beat Rovio's record with Angry Birds.

JazzJack2

Feb 10, 2013
Wow now even Sony fans can experience the unique combination of tedium and pretence that is Fez!

EbonBehelit

Oct 19, 2010
Phil Fish wasn't the sole creator of Fez. People seem to forget that fact.

Not even trying the game because of a dislike for Fish - even if legitimate - also denies the work done by everyone else that worked on it. It's a shame too, because Fez is one of the few games I've played in recent memory that legitimately made me smile. The soundtrack is awesome too.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Ragnellus said:
Phil Fish wasn't the sole creator of Fez. People seem to forget that fact.

Not even trying the game because of a dislike for Fish - even if legitimate - also denies the work done by everyone else that worked on it. It's a shame too, because Fez is one of the few games I've played in recent memory that legitimately made me smile. The soundtrack is awesome too.
Well, maybe another member of the team should've muzzled Fish then. I won't be giving that company my money until they produce something Fish had no hand in.