FF 7 Chocobo help

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
So I've started racing my chocobo to make them better for breeding. When I switch from automatic to manuel so I can use sprint my chocobo just starts goin over the place like a drunk. How can I correct this?

Rock Beefchest

Dec 20, 2008
You can't, if memory serves, you need a higher quality choco. I got through the breeding program by only keeping the finest chocobos and feeding them the finest foods. It took forever to finish. With a near perfect choco you can sprint nearly the entire track and despite his wayward tendencies to act like a drunk sailor on shore leave you still win easily. Of course I did this over ten years ago so my memory may not be the best.

Jan 23, 2009
Its one of the attributes, I want to say Intelligence. It all depends on what youre feeding them. You should be able to just fight the drunkeness or w/ever. I think thats what it is, its been a while!!

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
its down to the class of chocobo i think, the most northern continent (all covered in snow) has the best chocos according to my memory

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
If you can find the Sage in the Northern Continent and buy the greens he sells to use on your chocobos those greens will be the best for a chocobos performance. Alos youre gonna need a heck of a lotta money to breed the very best. :) Good Luck

May 15, 2009
you should find a guide (gamefaqs has some good ones).

if you want to make a golden chocobo, it's a lengthy process and you need specific chocobo's - you can't just pick up any old random chocobo.

make sure you get w-item materia from when you parachute into midgar, you can save yourself some time/money by 'duping' chocobo consumables items.

captvimes

Mar 31, 2009
If memory serves its important what you feed them as mackinator says find the sage. The races are a bit random but its important when to use the sprint so that it doesnt run out before the tape. If I remember correctly the drunkeness was kind of like a cooldown from the sprint so time it so you get the tape before that. Or to keep you in front and block them. Has been a long long time since I played it though. Once you get a black chocobo you will own though.

Yes my avatar is cloud :D