Fictional Deaths that angered you.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
Be a gentleman and a lady. Please put spoiler tags on everything you post.

The Dark Tower novels -

Walter O' Dim/Randall Flagg/The Man in Black
-
I understand that he was undone out of sheer arrogance, but in all honesty I was expecting a duel between him and Roland at him some undisclosed time.

Resident Evil 5 -
I have yet to play the game, but I deeply felt bad whenever the lead producer officially confirmed that Wesker is dead. Horrible, horrible news. I want him to come back damnit!

Beast Wars -
Dinobot. Best transformer character of all time. It was still good, but he well...died.

Star Wars -
To add the icing on the horrible-cake...Lucas kills Christopher Lee off in the VERY beginning of the movie, gives him a two minute duel, and leaves him sitting there on his knees before the acrobatic twirling of Emowalker. Shit...Mace got a longer duel then he did and he was never a significant character. He just sat there slashed his saber.

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
Hedwig in Harry Potter.... Poor litte birdie... :(

Surprisingly, Boromir in LOTR. When he'd shaken off all the corruptedness, he was kinda cool. If only for about 10 minutes...

Sargeant J in Halo 3. Curse you, Guilty Spark!

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Conker's Bad Fur Day:
Berry Dieing. Wanted to kill that damned Weasel myself!

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
Only character I like in Harry Potter and he got killed.
Sirius Black in case you didnt know

Fumbles

Apr 15, 2009
Arsen said:
Be a gentleman and a lady. Please put spoiler tags on everything you post.

The Dark Tower novels -

Walter O' Dim/Randall Flagg/The Man in Black
-
I understand that he was undone out of sheer arrogance, but in all honesty I was expecting a duel between him and Roland at him some undisclosed time.
]
Wait, You are actually upset about that but not
The cheap throw away deaths of Eddie and Jake?

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Gandalf in Lord of the Rings. When I first watched Lord of the Rings I watched the first part and didn't know there were 2 more parts to it. So when I saw Gandalf, the most awesome dude ever, die I was like "Fuck you Peter Jackson.". Then 1 year later I saw part 2 and was full of joy to see Gandalf return. I think what I said in my mind right at that moment was "Sorry Jackson."

(Reason I didn't put spoiler tags was because most if not all of the people on this forum have seen Lord of the Rings. There was simply no point in putting them)

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
Lt_Bromhead said:
Hedwig in Harry Potter.... Poor litte birdie... :(

Surprisingly, Boromir in LOTR. When he'd shaken off all the corruptedness, he was kinda cool. If only for about 10 minutes...

Spoilers tags are your friends.

on topic
WHEEEEEEEEELJAAACK!!! D:

EDIT:
AndyFromMonday said:
Gandalf in Lord of the Rings. When I first watched Lord of the Rings I watched the first part and didn't know there were 2 more parts to it. So when I saw Gandalf, the most awesome dude ever, die I was like "Fuck you Peter Jackson.". Then 1 year later I saw part 2 and was full of joy to see Gandalf return. I think what I said in my mind right at that moment was "Sorry Jackson."
Shouldn't you have been mad at J.R.R. Tolkien?

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
My dog in Fable 2, I couldnt shoot that bastard Lucien fast enough. Sadly I waited until Knothole Island to revive the little bugger. Im eternally good, but 1 random stranger for my snuggly little comrade is quite a fair price.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
Any death in a JRPG considering I have items [i/]that REVIVE people[/i].

EDIT: And now I have a new one because I just finished Persona 3
[spoiler/]So after we defeat Nyx, and I'm feeling incredibly BADASS for it, we go back to our lives, and everyone forgets all events that occurred in the dark hour. But then everyone's memories come back and I start feeling really happy. And then everyone runs to go see MC who's waiting for them because he didn't forget, and then EXCUSE WHILE I FALL INTO A COMA AND FUCKING DIE WHILE EVERYONE IS RUNNING TO BE WITH ME! I cried, I straight out did, especially because you're dying while one of the character is professing her love for you and saying she will be by your side forever... [/spoiler]

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
Everyone, especially Toboe

Sadistic bastards.

Eiichiro Oda was right when he said that characters don't need to be killed to create drama.

Clirck

Mar 19, 2009
Just like 30 minutes back I finished watching The Departed:

Every main character exept one died, the movie itself rocked.

chefassassin2

Jan 2, 2009
The only one I can think of that made me actually yell at my t.v. was..

Wash got killed right after his badass landing. Getting impaled like that? Now, that's just mean

Seriously, I saw that and screamed, "Aah, c'mon! Really?!?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Even though Spider-man 3 sucked, the way they just killed of Harry was F*CKING LAME.

Jun 13, 2009
Lt_Bromhead said:
This.
Agent Larkin said:
Only character I like in Harry Potter and he got killed.
Sirius Black in case you didnt know
This.
RavingPenguin said:
My dog in Fable 2, I couldnt shoot that bastard Lucien fast enough.
And this. Don't you go killing my fucking dog. Lucien left me incredibly unsatisfied. The single shot thing may be a poetic echo of the death of my dog, but I wanted him to suffer far more.

A pox on all those who killed my favourite characters.

Also
the death of the Goddess' cat in the Song of the Lioness trilogy. The evil fucker trod on her spine.
I hate him so much.

phoenixbeast

Apr 14, 2009
More from Beast Wars (only because they kept killing good characters)
Dinobot...He had a heroic death and trounced every predacon there was in one battle by himself to SAVE the FUTURE!!! It was awesome, but I was sad to see him go...

Tigatron and Airazor...Seriously...Abducted by the Vok...WTF...Two of my favorite characters gone like that...AND THEN...They come back merged as one...And are killed trying to stop the Nemesis like 2 episodes later...WTF

Depth Charge...The Dirty Harry of Beast Wars...Underwater duel with Rampage = AWESOME...Rampage exploding when killed leading to Depth Charge's death as well...Awesome, yes...What I wanted to see, no...

And Finally Dinobot II...When Rampage is killed he regains the personality of the first Dinobot (Explained in an episode that was not completed (Too dark))...Helps save Optimus and stop Megatron and the Nemesis...Then chooses to saty behind and die...I give up...

sentrosi

Feb 22, 2009
Although its been said many times over in past years, nothing has quite hit me as hard as.

Aeris FFVII

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Hrrm. So many awesome characters perish by the pen of GRRM.

Sandor Clegane
Berric Dondarrion
Eddard Stark
Robert Baratheon
Greatjon Umber
Oberyn Martell

Just to say a few.