Fight Back Against Bullies in Zangief Kid: The Game

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Fight Back Against Bullies in Zangief Kid: The Game

Casey Haynes' (aka Zangief Kid) pile-driving of a school bully has finally been immortalized in a game where you beat the crap out of baseball cap-wearing bullies.

A few weeks ago in an Australian school, Taiwanese Animated News feature. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108538-Kid-Becomes-Little-Zangief-in-Response-to-Bullying] And now, he has a videogame all his own.

The game, made by an eight-man Brazilian team in one week, features a 3D rendering of Casey as he prowls the hallways of a school, ready to dish out some righteous bully-breaking fury. As he wanders the hallways, he is attacked by roving scrawny, hat-wearing bullies modeled off the original bully, Ritchard Gale. Because it would violate the "Bullying Retribution Code" to simply go around beating kids up, you have to wait to be hit at least once before you let slip the dogs of war and pile-drive your tormentors.

I'm not positive how, but I managed to accidentally activate some sort of super-mode, where Casey transforms into the character Zanief from Street Fighter, removing your limitations on when you can attack and turning your attack into a spinning whirlwind of fists.

It's not exactly a great game, with about 30 seconds of pretty bland play time, but at least Casey will always be able to brag that he has a videogame about him and his exploits. How many people can say that?

You can play the game over at ZangiefKidTheGame.com [http://www.zangiefkidthegame.com/], and lay some well-earned hurt.

Source: Kotaku [http://www.zangiefkidthegame.com/]

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
I beat the hell out of a bully when I was in the sixth grade! I demand recognition for my accomplishments and a video game be made in my honor!

ecyor0

Dec 7, 2010
I give it a week before people start jumping up and down and saying this is training a new generation of school shootings.... v_v

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
I don't know if I'd encourage beating the crap out of school children, but at the same time, this is hilarious.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
ecyor0 said:
I give it a week before people start jumping up and down and saying this is training a new generation of school shootings.... v_v
I give it a week and 3 days

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Quiet Stranger said:
ecyor0 said:
I give it a week and 3 days
I give it...never happening at all.

Why? Because I'm willing to bet that every last sanctimoniously hypocritical arsemuncher, who lined up to bash the school shooting mod (whose creator was at least honest about what it was he was making) is now going to support this game because *drumroll* the little kid WAS IN THE RIGHT! Yessss! Violence is COOL so long as you have a moral highground to do it from WHOOPEE!

You know...I too grew up being bullied. And I've fought back myself plenty of times like that video showed. There is no glamour to it. No feeling of vindication. It goes on and on and it ends after you leave school behind (for some it lasts through high school, for me it ended in the middle of it).

As such I have little against this game on principle at all. By all means, if it makes people feel better - let them make one (same as I've said for the shooter mod). You can even argue degrees if you like (oh - POUNDING someone in school is okay if he had it coming, wether they might've been crippled for life by such recklesness or not, but shooting people up isn't) but that won't change the fact - if people cheered this game on, while having bashed the shooter mod, they *are* hypocrites on one level or another in my eyes.

Not that I expect the general media to ever call them out on it. Nothing like a nice quasi-fictional narrative that on the one hand rails against violent games 'hurting the artistic imagery of videogames', while supporting stuff like this because it's moreso 'justified'. Violence is violence - just or not. Sure there are degrees, but the conceptual hypocrisy that is bound to pop up especially from people like me, who were bullied, but who unlike me didn't have the good sense to grow up and get over it (unless they're still in school and being bullied obviously)...meh...

But anyway...looks like a nifty game regardless. I just wish people would think twice on what it is they really love to rail against and what it is that they love to support.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Loonerinoes said:
RIGHT! Yessss! Violence is COOL so long as you have a moral highground to do it from WHOOPEE!
This reminded me of this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD9hqZGzcWo

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
I'm completely baffled why this kid is being immortalized like this. He stood up to a bully because he was physically stronger, why does that deserve so much attention? If I was stronger then my childhood bullies I would have done the same and then probably gotten stabbed. But I wasn't so I got over it... I am confused...

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Funny, but I have a question: why is Guile's theme used?

The first person that says, "Guile's theme goes with everything," gets punched in the throat.

Mar 26, 2008
Sniper Team 4 said:
Heh. I think this is better revenge on Gale than anything Casey ever did. Serves him right.
I both agree and disagree. Casey administered some frontier justice on Gale and damn well serves the little kid right. Gale got hurt and scampered away with his tail between his legs; lesson hopefully learned. But now thanks to viral media he's had the entire online world turn against him and is vilified by a whole mass of people who have never met him. Sure in that video he comes across as an arrogant dickbag who's starting shit with people who deserve to be left alone, but do you know him?
I've had the occasional brain-cramp and behaved in ways I've been very ashamed of after time has passed. If that behaviour had of been taped and uploaded to Youtube I'm sure most people would have believed I was a tosser despite the fact that 98% of the time I'm a really nice guy.
I think this whole Zangief Kid thing has gone far enough and just needs to be put to bed. I'm glad he's inspired others who have been bullied, but focus on dealing with the demons in your own backyard before getting stuck into someone else's.

burymagnets

Nov 30, 2010
-Zen- said:
Funny, but I have a question: why is Guile's theme used?

The first person that says, "Guile's theme goes with everything," gets punched in the throat.
Y'know I didn't even notice it was Guile's theme, which does just show how well it goes with every... argh!