Final Episode of Telltale's Game of Thrones Receives Release Date

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Final Episode of Telltale's Game of Thrones Receives Release Date

The sixth and final episode of Telltale's Game of Thrones game will be released on November 15th.

If there's one experience that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/game%20of%20thrones?os=game+of+thrones>Game of Thrones fans have had to acclimate to over the years (besides devastating heartbreak, of course), it's been waiting. Whether you're a fan of George R.R. Martin's books, the HBO television show or <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/telltale%20games?os=telltale+games>Telltale's video game adventure series, having to wait months or even years to find out what happens next is pretty much an assumed part of the experience. That being the case, fans of Telltale's adventure will likely rejoice to learn that the final episode of the game's current season has just received a release date.

According to a recent blog post on Telltale's <a href=https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/100973/game-of-thrones-season-finale-coming-nov-17th-episode-1-now-free-to-download>official website, the final episode of the first season of Game of Thones will release next month on November 15th. Unlike previous episodes of the adventure series, the final episode will receive a simultaneous release on all platforms. This, of course, will include PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, iOS and Android devices. The game's first episode is now also free, likely to entice gamers who have yet to give it a try. Episode 6 will be titled The Ice Dragon.

The last chapter will follow up on one of the game's biggest and most gut-wrenching player decisions. What remains to be seen is how the climax will play out and how it connects to the larger continuity of the TV show. Just speaking personally, I wound up not being too pleased with the decision I made at the end of episode 5. My hope is that it will wind up paying off in The Ice Dragon so I can feel better about what I did. Not that I have high hopes, mind you. Any fan of Westeros knows better than to expect good things for their favorite characters.

Source: <a href=https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/100973/game-of-thrones-season-finale-coming-nov-17th-episode-1-now-free-to-download>Telltale Games

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Looking forward to what happens next.

That said, I think the actors oversold it a bit there on how much interactivity and impact on the story you actually have... So far I actually feel GoT has had the most pointless decisions of any telltale game (climax of episode 4 put aside), it's actually killed the replayability for me because no matter what you do, the game sheperds you towards the exact same outcomes and often cancels out your choices so you might as well have done nothing.

And then there was the traitor storyline which was utterly nonsensical depending on how you played which just left me a bad taste at end of episode 4 tbh. I say nonsensical because
it all depends on who you name as your sentinel regardless of your actual thought process, even if you subsequently happen to do EVERYTHING the traitor wants and go against the sentinel all the time. This was my case because I did not want my sentinel to be a yes man but someone who balanced out my lord's views and complemented the perceived weakness of whatever approach you might have taken. Yet despite being an absolute peacenik who always chose the pacifist route and did all I could to prevent violence and hostilities (outside the times the game forced me to, such as with the glendales forcing you to attack regardless of your previous actions and statements. For gods sake why even give me the illusion of choice?) the other dude still called me bloody warmongerer..Fuck your binary choices telltale xD

So yeah been enjoying this GoT game for the story and characters and chance to be a tourist in goT setting, but certainly not for the choices and interactivity. It's easily the weakest telltale game I've played when it comes to that.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Thank god for that. I bought it on sale a little while back but I didn't want to start playing until I knew when the final episode would be because I didn't want a GIGANTIC gap between them (for TWAU and both seasons of TWD I bought after they released in full to play them all in one go). So now I can start planning on actually starting GoT.

Been waiting three months just for an announcement of this date.

pacouranga

Oct 8, 2015
I thought it was out already and I had just been slacking. Gonna have to take a break in the Fallout to wrap up.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
This is cool. It's a pitty that the game isn't as good as I hoped. Definitely worth a play, but if you're a GoT fan it's a little jarring. Some families that are no-bodies have seemingly limitless power, and there is one or two times where even if you make the right choice, and your actions should prevent something happening, what you safeguarded against still happens.

Only time a telltale game I've played felt like it cheated me with some decisions.

Headbiter

Nov 9, 2009
Oh goody. Can't wait to make "choices that matter", only for either a deus ex machina or a sudden case of mass amnesia/idiocy bring me right back on track to the hallway.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Hey, how come this final episode gets advertised on here, while the fantastic Tales of the borderlands final episode is completely dismissed? I would like to not be cynical about this, but their Game of thrones doesn't feel their best. One would assume it is their most popular IP though. Eh, bleh.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
StewShearer said:
player decisions
Yeah, we don't really make decisions in Telltale games. We are just there for the ride. Doesn't matter if you play through it differently, the end result is always the same. And since events of the game aren't allowed to influence (or even haven't) events of the show, is there any real point to even playing the game? [I went off on a real weird tangent there]

I think my point was that Player Decisions in a Telltale game a kind of an oxymoron.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:
Hey, how come this final episode gets advertised on here, while the fantastic Tales of the borderlands final episode is completely dismissed? I would like to not be cynical about this, but their Game of thrones doesn't feel their best. One would assume it is their most popular IP though. Eh, bleh.
Seconded. I don't think a Tales of the Borderlands has been news anywhere since the second episode and it's, in my humble opinion, the better game.

I still haven't played the fifth chapter yet and now I'm trying to decide when to play it. Should I just play it after I finish Tales of the Borderlands or wait until the final episode is released. Decisions, decisions.

Fodder Aplenty

Nov 3, 2011
Elfgore said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Seconded. I don't think a Tales of the Borderlands has been news anywhere since the second episode and it's, in my humble opinion, the better game.

I still haven't played the fifth chapter yet and now I'm trying to decide when to play it. Should I just play it after I finish Tales of the Borderlands or wait until the final episode is released. Decisions, decisions.
thirded! It's really bizarre how much praise tales gets compared to GoT, and yet received no where near as much attention, both on forums and on YouTube.

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
Xsjadoblayde said:
Though telltales GoT is good, Tales of the borderlands is indeed better. That said, episode 5 was fantastic except for that MASSIVE cliffhanger at the end. They better announce Tales of Borderlands season 2 episode 1 for next February or there'll be hell to pay. Kind of dreading they'll do the same with this GoT.

OT: Unless the last episode has a chance to stab Ramsey in the face, this game is a bit of a let down. And we can guess what are the chances of that happening. Seriously telltale, who thought that it was a good idea to make people with adamntine plot armor as antagonists?