Final Fantasy fans! What's your favourite Final Fantasy game and why?

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Xannidel said:
Final Fantasy 8, it was the first FF I played, I grew up playing it and I also loved the characters. A lot of people see Squall as a whinny kid who does not seem to care about other peoples' emotions but then again he was a loner growing up and as a result he probably lacks some social skills to give a hoot. But he also grows OUT of that stage as the game progresses.
The music was very awesome as i still listen to it in my car.
Last but not least, it had Laguna in the game. That battle theme during the Laguna parts were amazing.
Same here, which seems to be a very unpopular opinion amongst fan circles.

In my opinion, it had the best music, and the best setting. The characters were a bit so so, and the battle system was easy to break, and was far too complicated for it's own good sometimes, so I admit the game isn't perfect by a long stretch.

Though even with all of Final Fantasy Eight's imperfections, I still find it to be a great game, and I consider it to be one of the best in the series, because it took a risk from the typical Final Fantasy formula, and while it didn't pay off for some things, it did a lot right.

My favourite part was Dollet, and running away from the Robot Spider, holy crap was that nerve racking.

Yeah, Eight is probably my favourite, however do I like most of the games (Three all the way up to Nine).

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
Jazoni89 said:
Xannidel said:
Final Fantasy 8, it was the first FF I played, I grew up playing it and I also loved the characters. A lot of people see Squall as a whinny kid who does not seem to care about other peoples' emotions but then again he was a loner growing up and as a result he probably lacks some social skills to give a hoot. But he also grows OUT of that stage as the game progresses.
The music was very awesome as i still listen to it in my car.
Last but not least, it had Laguna in the game. That battle theme during the Laguna parts were amazing.
Same here, which seems to be a very unpopular opinion amongst fan circles.

In my opinion, it had the best music, and the best setting. The characters were a bit so so, and the battle system was easy to break, and was far too complicated for it's own good sometimes, so I admit the game isn't perfect by a long stretch.

Though even with all of Final Fantasy Eight's imperfections, I still find it to be a great game, and I consider it to be one of the best in the series, because it took a risk from the typical Final Fantasy formula, and while it didn't pay off for some things, it did a lot right.

My favourite part was Dollet, and running away from the Robot Spider, holy crap was that nerve racking.

Yeah, Eight is probably my favourite, however do I like most of the games (Three all the way up to Nine).
Dollet, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Lunatic Pandora were just 3 of my favorite locations with great themes (well Dollet in the begining, not so much after when you do side missions)

Also I hear alot of people gripe and moan about the Triple Triad card game, i thought that was very interesting because of how you can refine the cards to make items and you can even turn some enimies into cards so you have more to refine.

The magic system in this game was also new, or so I believe, and I kind of like how EVERYONE can use magic where in X Lulu uses the most offensive magic and Yuna has the heal spells.

One con on my part was how I never really understood the junction system and I wish they had a better tutorial that better explained that part better.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Final Fantasy Tactics is still head anfd shoulders oneof the best stories ever put in one of these games. It predated things like the Game of Thrones by decades. Just wonderful.

Of the regular FF games, VI is always a favorite. I am very fond of IX just because of how it blended old school with the newer cinematic stylings. And I also remember X fondly in spite of some of the cheesy voice cutscenes. (yes the laughing one still gives me nightmares). X also seemed to just hit the fine borderline of FF characters where they were cheesy but not over the top completely unbearably annoying. (ie contrast Rikku or Wakka with, god help us, Snow, Hope or Vanille in FFXIII.)

While I loved FF VII at the time, attempts to replay it in more recent years left me feeling that it doesn't hold up quite as well as some of the others.

(I'll also confess a certain fondness for the Battle system in FF XIII which was fun and dynamic. I just wish the game wasn't so linear and had 100% less Hope Snow and other characters that must have been named during a late night session flipping between the cooking and weather channels).