Final Fantasy Teams Up With Fashion Line

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
2,368
0
0
Considering their design choices since Final Fantasy VIII, it seems like this was their plan all along.

Zachary Amaranth said:
I was expecting something more like this:


Being offered in stores near you.
That's exactly what went through my head when I saw the title.
 

Richardplex

New member
Jun 22, 2011
1,731
0
0
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Richardplex said:
I thought the lines between reality and anime/games couldn't become more blurred. I was wrong. Can't tell if the clothing is cgi or real :s

Don't know how they did it, but I want to punch Hope even more than usual.
I'm beginning to think it doesn't take much anymore, and Noel looks like a tool.
But it does, I already wanted to punch him so much, so to be able to eclipse that is quite the feat. They spent hours building up his punchability level, so to beat it with a single picture...

And confirmed, Noel does look like a tool.
 

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
5,498
1
3
Country
United States
Richardplex said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Richardplex said:
I thought the lines between reality and anime/games couldn't become more blurred. I was wrong. Can't tell if the clothing is cgi or real :s

Don't know how they did it, but I want to punch Hope even more than usual.
I'm beginning to think it doesn't take much anymore, and Noel looks like a tool.
But it does, I already wanted to punch him so much, so to be able to eclipse that is quite the feat. They spent hours building up his punchability level, so to beat it with a single picture...

And confirmed, Noel does look like a tool.
They must be using witchcraft because it's not humanly possible for him to become more punchable with one single picture.
 

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010
298
0
0
Heh, I actually think this is pretty awesome in a stupid kind of way. Well known characters posing in fashion magazines. It seems silly but I don't really see why not. Classical conditioning at it's most humorous.
 

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
1,846
0
0
Well, I for one think it's a cool idea. Not exactly the outfits I would have chosen for them, but whatever, fashion's subjective. And I certainly don't know why everyone has to get so violent about Hope; he didn't even complain that much anyway.
 

lord.jeff

New member
Oct 27, 2010
1,468
0
0
This gave me a laugh, also maybe it's the color and sizing of the coat but Sahz's suit reminds me of PeeWee Hurman.

Can I get these outfits as downloadable content for the game?
 

Richardplex

New member
Jun 22, 2011
1,731
0
0
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Richardplex said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Richardplex said:
I thought the lines between reality and anime/games couldn't become more blurred. I was wrong. Can't tell if the clothing is cgi or real :s

Don't know how they did it, but I want to punch Hope even more than usual.
I'm beginning to think it doesn't take much anymore, and Noel looks like a tool.
But it does, I already wanted to punch him so much, so to be able to eclipse that is quite the feat. They spent hours building up his punchability level, so to beat it with a single picture...

And confirmed, Noel does look like a tool.
They must be using witchcraft because it's not humanly possible for him to become more punchable with one single picture.
Square Enix: Has the power to alter reality, uses it to make a punchable character more punchable. Spider-man should have a word with them.
 

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
3,642
0
0
Comments for each outfit.

Lighting:


Sazh: Ok looking I guess. Also that poor Chocobo chick.

Hope: ... Pffffftttt AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! That looks so ridiculous! God I hate this prick even more now.

Noel: .... Ew.
 

GamemasterAnthony

New member
Dec 5, 2010
1,009
0
0
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
pluizig said:
Cosplay 2: Revenge of the characters.
In Soviet Russia, video game character cosplay you?
So...wait...wouldn't that mean we'd actually see a bunch of FF characters cosplaying as convention goers who THEMSELVES are cosplaying as said FF characters?

Oh god...cosplayception...
 

Richardplex

New member
Jun 22, 2011
1,731
0
0
Andronicus said:
Well, I for one think it's a cool idea. Not exactly the outfits I would have chosen for them, but whatever, fashion's subjective. And I certainly don't know why everyone has to get so violent about Hope; he didn't even complain that much anyway.
Well, he went from really whiny and self-pitying to cringe-worthy revenge driven ("Operation NORA: phase 1 complete" made me want to start punching people) to giving out awkward friendship speeches (I did like the fact that NORA basically facepalmed at his speech though). Every phase of him was insufferable. I liked the game (eventually) and I *really* did not like him.
 

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
719
0
0
Scrythe said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
I was expecting something more like this:


Being offered in stores near you.
That's exactly what went through my head when I saw the title.
Is it weird to think that would've been awesome? Not that I'd actually wear it but still.

The idea isn't even that farfetched since what we are talking about here is high fashion (not exactly famous for it's practical nature) + japan (that country where the harajuku district is a thing that exists.)
 

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
3,642
0
0
Richardplex said:
Andronicus said:
Well, I for one think it's a cool idea. Not exactly the outfits I would have chosen for them, but whatever, fashion's subjective. And I certainly don't know why everyone has to get so violent about Hope; he didn't even complain that much anyway.
Well, he went from really whiny and self-pitying to cringe-worthy revenge driven ("Operation NORA: phase 1 complete" made me want to start punching people) to giving out awkward friendship speeches (I did like the fact that NORA basically facepalmed at his speech though). Every phase of him was insufferable. I liked the game (eventually) and I *really* did not like him.
God yes. I hated him alot. But he did not annoy me as much as Vanille did. It was not what she did or what she said or how she looked. It was her voice. I was ALWAYS picking up on the subtle changes in her accent that happened many times in the game. And it was pissing me the fuck off.
 

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
4,259
12
43
Country
United States
I'm happy that a company completely unrelated to video games in every sense of the word is showing some sort of faith in the video game industry (instead of the usual, oh they are just kids toys excuse)

Still I find this creepy... especially Hope, Lightning for some reason doesn't surprise me.

Also, who is this supposed to be marketed to? Are they trying to sell Prada to gamers? I don't know about everybody else here, but I'm not that rich.
 

thiosk

New member
Sep 18, 2008
5,410
0
0
I think theres something to this, but squeenix is doing it wrong.

Behold:



Much improved, if you ask me
 

Richardplex

New member
Jun 22, 2011
1,731
0
0
Solo-Wing said:
Richardplex said:
Andronicus said:
Well, I for one think it's a cool idea. Not exactly the outfits I would have chosen for them, but whatever, fashion's subjective. And I certainly don't know why everyone has to get so violent about Hope; he didn't even complain that much anyway.
Well, he went from really whiny and self-pitying to cringe-worthy revenge driven ("Operation NORA: phase 1 complete" made me want to start punching people) to giving out awkward friendship speeches (I did like the fact that NORA basically facepalmed at his speech though). Every phase of him was insufferable. I liked the game (eventually) and I *really* did not like him.
\
God yes. I hated him alot. But he did not annoy me as much as Vanille did. It was not what she did or what she said or how she looked. It was her voice. I was ALWAYS picking up on the subtle changes in her accent that happened many times in the game. And it was pissing me the fuck off.
Me and my sister argue about this a lot, who's more unlikable, Vanille or Hope. I can stand Vanille mostly because I watch anime and have been trained to block out annoyingly high pitched voices, though I feel for you about the accent change, it's infuriating when I notice stuff like that. But then Hope is useful as something Lightning uses for her own character development. Too bad she just stops talking half way through the video game.
 

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
1,846
0
0
Richardplex said:
Andronicus said:
Well, I for one think it's a cool idea. Not exactly the outfits I would have chosen for them, but whatever, fashion's subjective. And I certainly don't know why everyone has to get so violent about Hope; he didn't even complain that much anyway.
Well, he went from really whiny and self-pitying to cringe-worthy revenge driven ("Operation NORA: phase 1 complete" made me want to start punching people) to giving out awkward friendship speeches (I did like the fact that NORA basically facepalmed at his speech though). Every phase of him was insufferable. I liked the game (eventually) and I *really* did not like him.
Fair enough. I guess the whole "Operation NORA" thing was on a YuRiPa level of face-slapping cringe-worthiness. I get that. What I honestly don't get is this idea that he's just a whiny brat. People go on about this all the time, about how he's always complaining, and I simply don't get it. I mean, he lost his home, his mother and basically his life too (the whole cieth or crystal-for-all-eternity-if-you're-lucky thing) all in one day, and he's still just a kid. I think he's entitled to a little self-pity, don't you? Stronger men have broken down over less. Hell, I thought Sazh complained more, and everyone seems to love him.
 

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
3,642
0
0
Richardplex said:
Solo-Wing said:
Richardplex said:
Andronicus said:
Well, I for one think it's a cool idea. Not exactly the outfits I would have chosen for them, but whatever, fashion's subjective. And I certainly don't know why everyone has to get so violent about Hope; he didn't even complain that much anyway.
Well, he went from really whiny and self-pitying to cringe-worthy revenge driven ("Operation NORA: phase 1 complete" made me want to start punching people) to giving out awkward friendship speeches (I did like the fact that NORA basically facepalmed at his speech though). Every phase of him was insufferable. I liked the game (eventually) and I *really* did not like him.
\
God yes. I hated him alot. But he did not annoy me as much as Vanille did. It was not what she did or what she said or how she looked. It was her voice. I was ALWAYS picking up on the subtle changes in her accent that happened many times in the game. And it was pissing me the fuck off.
Me and my sister argue about this a lot, who's more unlikable, Vanille or Hope. I can stand Vanille mostly because I watch anime and have been trained to block out annoyingly high pitched voices. But then Hope is useful as something Lightning uses for her own character development. Too bad she just stops talking half way through the video game.
No Vanilles high pitched voice does not bother me much either. It is her accent. IT. KEEPS. FUCKING. CHANGING.
 

Sparrow

New member
Feb 22, 2009
6,848
0
0
This is an entirely stupid idea, but I gotta say that black guy is rocking the suit.