Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
Is anyone here getting it? I haven't seen as much discussion about it as I expected, being a Final Fantasy game and all. And half the discussion I see is people saying they're really just getting it for the XV demo. I personally pre ordered the red PS4 bundle in Japan as I wanted to get a PS4 anyway. What are your thoughts on the game?

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
I will probably give it a go it looks interesting enough. I am not expecting that much but I have heard good things about it probably wont be getting it on release though I will wait until it goes down in price because I just dont have the time to play many games atm and this one requires a pretty good time investment I have heard which is not that surprising for a FF title.

As for the demo that stuff does not interest me anymore if it cmes with the game when I get it great if it doesnt I dont care it is a smart move though back in the day I did buy Resident Evil Code Veronica X simply to get the DMC1 demo (and played that a lot more than I did the Resi game as well).

Im most interested in the combat system for Type 0 and im mildly interested in the apparent change of tone, I just hope they manage to pull it off this time.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
I've never heard of Type-0.

What is it and how does it differ from standard Final Fantasy JRPG goodness?

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
I have it pre-ordered. I've heard it's good, and I want that FFXV demo. I don't actually know very much about Type-0 outside of a few trailers on youtube.

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
I was interested in it back when it was getting released on the PSP. At the time I was way into the Final Fantasy series. But then it didn't get released outside Japan and over time I lost interest in Final Fantasy. If I owned a PS4 or Xbone I would probably get it when the price had gone down but since I have no intention of buying one of those consoles I'll be giving it a miss (unless it gets an eventual PC port). Which is a shame since I think it actually looks pretty good. Kind of reminds me of Crisis Core which I really liked.

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
I was excited for it when the original version was first announced but they took too long. The digital version still comes with the XV demo for a month after release I think I read somewhere. I might get it eventually but there's just more interesting looking stuff coming out at the moment, especially Bloodborne. It just doesn't look like a whole lot of effort was put into it, but that's pretty much the same with all HD re-releases. I wish these HD remakes would be total graphical overhauls instead of just texturing. At least that would make them worth the full price they're always charging for them.

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
Olrod said:
I've never heard of Type-0.

What is it and how does it differ from standard Final Fantasy JRPG goodness?
Really? Have you not seen Adverts for it in game shops or anything? They're all over the place here in Japan but I guess that is to expected for this country. It's a HD release of a PSP game that never got an English release beforehand but finally is as a HD remaster for PS4 and Xbox One. People have compared the gameplay to being more action oriented like Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core. The game is apparently more dark/violent than usual Final Fantasies. Overall it looks like a fairly interesting game is supposed to be quite good for a recent Final Fantasy according to people who have already played the PSP version.

asdfen

Oct 27, 2011
the original game is alright and much better than recent FF games it least it has roaming world map towns side quests on top of decent combat system.

But getting it hd - hell no. nor do I see a reason to buy a PS4 either

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
My boyfriend's playing it right now, and I must say the intro is a bit of a chore.

We've never played it before, and I'm half-convinced that he just wanted it for the demo that comes with it, but we'll give it an honest go. It'll keep us busy til Bloodborne.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Bitter Hobbit said:
Isn't is nice when companies throw in games for us when they release demos, Konami gave us Zone of the Enders with the MGS2 demo, Capcom gave us Resi CVX with the DMC demo and who can forget Microsoft giving us the awesome Crackdown when they released the Halo 3 beta.

Seriously though, I've only played an hour of Type 0 and I did enjoy what I played, the intro cutscene dragged a little to long though
The thing that gets me about the FFXV demo is "it was made to explain to fans why the game is taking so long to develop." Well, I already know why it's been development for 9 years. It was a side project for the last generation that became a main numbered entry and had all of the work revamped for the new gen. I can understand why that took so long. FFIX was originally a side project (as a throwback to the old days), too, until the executives liked it enough to make it a numbered sequel. IX was just far enough along to not be pushed onto the PS2.

What I want to know is if FFXV will be any good. In the past 9 years, I haven't been too trusting of any Final Fantasy title that wasn't a remake or sequel to I-X. I'd like to play that demo and see the series get back on its feet, but the demo is "for the fans" (read: anyone willing to buy another game to try it).

I don't have a PS4/Xbone, but was considering getting a copy of Type-0 for the FFXV demo[footnote]Yeah, I know eBay has listing for the vouchers, but I'd rather not spend $15 to $40 on a demo code that I might not even be able to redeem when I finally get a PS4.[/footnote] and as a starter game for a new console. The only reason I'd buy a game for a console I do not yet own (besides knowing it will be rare *cough*Pikmin 3*cough* when I do have the console) is because of the offer for the demo. I hate how Square apparently promised the demo (or any other) would never be offered to anyone who didn't buy Type-0 at launch.

If anyone else can recommend it, I might actually grab it and work on getting a PS4 to play it (and Episode Duscae). Otherwise, I'll just wait until both games are half of their launch price.

asdfen

Oct 27, 2011
here is walkthrough for those who dont know japanes
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AqRPQz13F4fZdDVtdWdRV2pqWWdyLVViMWxtVklOY2c&f=true&noheader=true&gid=16