Final Fantasy VI Mobile Releases, Adds Typos

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
I know you all cherish those classic sprites but I don't these new graphics look all that bad. Heck I'd even go so far as to say I'd pick up this version since it has all the extra content from the GBA version and I kinda dig the new graphics. I just need to wait for this to come to iOS, if it will at all.

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
T-Shirt Turtle said:
I know you all cherish those classic sprites but I don't these new graphics look all that bad. Heck I'd even go so far as to say I'd pick up this version since it has all the extra content from the GBA version and I kinda dig the new graphics. I just need to wait for this to come to iOS, if it will at all.
Not so much "bad" as "clashes with the rest of the game's aesthetic". Also "lazy", considering it's almost literally just turning on an emulator pixel-smoothing filter. I've been able to do that for 15 years. And add typos on top of that? It becomes insultingly obvious that they just didn't care. Heck, the only reason they re-engineered the blitzes is that there was NO way to remap those to a touchscreen.

Edit:
Akytalusia said:
those graphics are pretty smooth. in contrast to the overwhelming tide of negativity towards them, i think they're a pleasant improvement, and a typo or two are hardly newsworthy or significantly detrimental. i'm glad this exists to provide the FFVI experience to the current generation.
This generation can get FFVI without the touchscreen pain on the Virtual Console. Plays wonderfully.

Zouriz

Apr 28, 2011
This shows just how much Square cares about the Final Fantasy series and its fans.