Final Fantasy X HD Announcement!

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
It's like they're remaking everything but FFVII. I just don't get what they're thinking. Hundreds of millions guaranteed, but they won't do it. Both systems are more than capable to meet standards of the teaser they showed 80 years ago, but they won't do it.

Maybe they're saving it for their ace in the whole or something. When things are looking their worse, BOOM, FFVII remake.

RemuValtrez

Sep 14, 2011
First I have to say I never quite got -that- into FFX, but then again, it was out when I was still in school so I didn't have time to play it through. It was a great game overall I will admit, but I still have to ask why?

Instead of trying to make a new game that is great, they decide to remake a great game in HD.

Though to answer my own question: For the money. Only better moneymaker they would have is redoing FF7...

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Are they somehow going to remake Tidus as less annoying.... oh, yeah, and make his gender specific, not just speculative..
Heck no, they didn't make him androgynous enough. I have to put up with your macho guys when I go to the game store and it's flooded with trite first person shooters with bodybuilders on the cover.

Don't go invading my games with these standards.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
DanielBrown said:
StarStruckStrumpets said:
I have to ask, seeing as SotC+Ico seem to just be upscaled from screenshots I've seen, unless of course I've only seen the PS2 version screenshots. Will this be a new engine, or will it just look shiny? If it's the latter, fuck this game. Silent Hill HD looks as if the only thing they did was making straight-jackets/patient demons look shinier.
Just look shiny, like all the other HD re-releases. New engine would require that they remake the entire game, wouldn't it?
Gah! That's what developers should be doing! Screw this and other HD releases.
My PS2 is still ticking.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
Archangel768 said:
Final Fantasy X was just recently announced for both the PS3 and PSVITA in HD.
However, no more details are known at this time.

So what do you guys think?
I heard remake earlier, so hearing that it's just an HD upgrade is less exciting.

I still have my PS2 copy. And my backwards compatible release PS3. And the saves from my most recent play-through on my PS3. So... yeah, no need to purchase a game I already have.

**yawn** Call me when they do a HD version of FF7.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
If it was an actual remake and they fixed the ending, the gameplay and the voices then it would be great. But that's a pretty huge if.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Wow. Square Enix remade the fifth biggest festering pile of shit they've ever made) four other pieces of shit are in order: Kingdom Hearts,Kingdom Hearts 2,Final Fantasy VIII
I like how I could be this vile towards games I don't like, but I rarely even come within a mile's breadth of it.

Well sir or madam, opinions. Those are all quite acclaimed games with massive fanbases I believe deserve a good portion of their respect.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
VGC USpartan VS said:
And people like me who want a FF8 remake.
See, I'm not interested in an FF8 remake. It stands really well as it is.

What I'd love to see is a FF8 Prequel. Staring Laguna and his crew. You know, the game we kept flashing back into during FF8. ^^

Nilsenator

Nov 11, 2009
Really? Final Fantasy X? That's great for the people who love that game I guess (and I know there are a lot of them). But was anyone really asking for this? Would a remake of VII be too obvious? Why not go for the biggest cash cow when that's clearly what this is all about?