Final Fantasy X Remake Could Spawn Others

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
ScrabbitRabbit said:
Final Fantasy XII can just have it's textures updated and its resolution and framerate increased. Final Fantasy VII would need to be recreated from the ground up, with all new models and environments and a re-orchestrated score. They'd probably end up having to hire voice actors, too.

It's a much more expensive affair than updating a PS2 game.
Whist this is true, they could make it in the same pre rendered style with new character models, you don't need voice actors in a final fantasy game that is part of what makes the newer ones not as good.

That would be a million times cheaper than re making it into a full blown triple a game although calling some of there latest work a game is stretching it a bit.

Does not need full form the ground up remake just to be modernised to an acceptable standard and new models / backgrounds. Think Final fantasy 3 for the DS/OUYA with better background textures.

May not even need to re create the systems behind the games just an art refresh.

this would work for all the PS1 final fantasies

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
The main reason FFVII is on top of most people list is rather simple; it had everything. Who else got a chill when you stepped out of Midgar for the first time? I sure as hell thought the whole game took place there it was supposed to be a huge city/structure. Instead I get a huge world to explore. And when I say it had everything, it had everything. Raising Chocobos to reach new areas. Mini game galore; Snowboarding, rail shooter, a tower defense game. Super challenge bosses, I'm looking at you Emerald and Ruby. Secret upon secrets. Playing the piano in that old house It even had battle sequences that affected the storyline (and when/how you got special weapons/items) Remember the train fight? There was so much to do and very little to go on other than what your teammates said after you toasted the last big boss. I for one admit I had to get the strategy guide (Which I looked at sparingly). Even then I had multiple saves after several restarts. I don't think I played any other game for weeks/months on end. Of course I was a kid so I had such long bits of free time. A saga that spanned across multiple discs. But compared graphics of today it's not too pretty to look at. Sure for it's time it was ground breaking. Those smashing FMV and everything wow'd me into next week. I wished I could record said videos and play them back. Appearances aside all the sparkle is there. Good story, a simple fighting, very cool magic/skills system, and exploration. Remaking it would be a Herculean task. But I'm sure people would cause a riot to grab it.

That being said I'm certain that afew of the FF have be revamped and made for DS not long ago. I think it was 3 or 4. Sorry but it's hard to remember. FFX is a good jump in point for many to rejoin the FF series. It hit all the marks like FFVII. The voice acting was cheesy at points, but again a solid game. Each character had their unique fighting method and system while the grid magic/skills made for interesting combos. The story was abit loopy, but I was left with a smile by the end of it. Much like FFVII it had plenty of secrets. I don't think I ever completed that strange alphabet, but I got close enough to make sense of half those messages. Blitz Ball was deadly addicting. I think I spent most of my time playing matches and scouting players.