Final Fantasy X remastered soundtrack

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
The battle theme of FFX was like... my favorite ever. I haven't played the HD remake yet but I was listening to the new remastered soundtrack, and holy balls the battle theme is kick ass. FF fans, what do you think of the remastered theme, and the whole remastered OST in general?

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
For the most part I really like the remastered soundtrack, it really adds a new feeling to the game as you play through it. Some tracks lose a bit of their greatness though. Particularly the new Ronso/Mt Gagazet theme.

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
ihavetwo said:
I like new soundtrack.
Then again...

I take it back...
Ewwwww. That was one of the more badass themes (that played over some of the hardest bosses in the game) and now it's...just ew. It's not bad, I just REALLY dislike it compared to the original.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
On the whole I'm enjoying the remastered soundtrack. I'm not terribly far into the game yet (just before Operation Mi'hen) so I've not heard everything but yeah, of what I've heard so far I like it. I do particularly like the new version of the battle theme, it's awesome.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
EscapeGoat said:
On the whole I'm enjoying the remastered soundtrack. I'm not terribly far into the game yet (just before Operation Mi'hen) so I've not heard everything but yeah, of what I've heard so far I like it. I do particularly like the new version of the battle theme, it's awesome.
I hate Operation Mi'hen with a passion. The boss always fucked me up. And if you die you have to sit through that whole cutscene again...

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Sean Hollyman said:
EscapeGoat said:
I hate Operation Mi'hen with a passion. The boss always fucked me up. And if you die you have to sit through that whole cutscene again...
I really wish there was a skip cutscene option, not so I could skip the story, but so I don't have to watch 10 minutes of cut-scenes again after losing to a boss!
Ergh, tell me about it. The Al Bhed tentacle thing boss that kidnaps Yuna from the Shoopuff killed me so many times.
'RIDE ZE SHOOPUFF!?' Every. Damn. TIME.

ihavetwo

Mar 19, 2014
TizzytheTormentor said:
Sean Hollyman said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Sean Hollyman said:
EscapeGoat said:
I really wish there was a skip cutscene option, not so I could skip the story, but so I don't have to watch 10 minutes of cut-scenes again after losing to a boss!

[sub][sub]Avoid the Audio Drama though, its just...frickin weird...[/sub][/sub]
I am still confused as to what the fuck just happened.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
Sean Hollyman said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Sean Hollyman said:
EscapeGoat said:
Ergh, tell me about it. The Al Bhed tentacle thing boss that kidnaps Yuna from the Shoopuff killed me so many times.
'RIDE ZE SHOOPUFF!?' Every. Damn. TIME.
That boss murdered me as a kid, after power levelling like crazy this time, it was a cake walk.

Do you know how much I grinded? You know that Zu that attacks Tidus while he is alone in Bikanel Desert? I killed it before Auron and Lulu showed up to help (by combining Haste+Slow, it didn't get 1 turn in after the first shot)
Hahaha I did exactly the same. Either the game is easier than I remember, or I've just gotten better at it. Because not a single boss has given me significant trouble yet, and I haven't really grinded much at all. Hell I didn't get the Aga spells until getting to Zanarkand.

I beat Sinspawn Gui, Evrae and Seymour Flux on the first try without any trouble whatsoever. That Sanctuary Guardian on the top of Mt Gagazet was probably the hardest boss, he is way too damn smart.

Suhi89

Oct 9, 2013
I think it's pretty hit and miss. Some tracks I think are better but some I listen to and just miss the old versions. Would have been nice to get some better voice acting given the amount of time it took to finish the remaster but I suppose that would have just sounded weird.

Overall I'm enjoying my playthrough on my vita. Just finished operation Mi'hen and the visuals really do look nice. Worth getting it and playing through again when you get the chance. Only I used to love Blitzball. Now.... not so much.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Got to admit, I'm not too keen on the remastered soundtrack so far. Maybe it's because I'm so used to the PS2 ones (and I freaking loved the soundtrack back then), but the new tracks seems like they're trying too hard. Maybe they'll grow on me again, we'll see.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
Seriously, Evrae, noted as the hardest storyline boss went down like a complete ***** in my game, I suppose Hastega+Slow is a lethal combination, but to be honest, I didn't even need it, the only attack that kind of messed me up was Poison Breath, but nothing one of my 99+ Al Bhed Potions couldn't fix up. Sinspawn Gui couldn't handle one shot of Fira on its arms or other areas, so it went down quick, have yet to fight Seymoar Flux yet on the Remaster, but I assume it won't be very hard.

Hell, I beat Anima and Seymoar with Shiva alone.

I wonder how tough Seymoar at Mt Gagazet will be, he was a nightmare for me as a child.
Seymour on Gagazet was a pushover as well. I just cast Hastega and had Rikku use items like Fire Gem, Water Gem etc. He was dead in no time.

I just beat Yunalesca as well, she was pitifully weak. Once you learn her Zombie + Mega Death trick, she has no other attacks that can damage you significantly. I just had Yuna cast Aga spells constantly doing like 6000 damage a pop. (Yuna has a way better magic stat than Lulu does)

Child me must have sucked hard at this game. I found so many of these bosses ridiculously hard back then.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
I am playing the game for the first time. Quite enjoying it. I am heading up Mt. Gagazet, haven't had significant problems with the bosses. They are challenging enough to keep me on my toes but not enough that I'm losing to them. Although I came a bit close with the second Seymour fight, since he petrified and shattered two party members, with both his turns in a row so I couldn't do anything about it. I think I need to grind a bit, since the enemies on Gagazet are a bit of a challenge to slog through.