Final Fantasy XII: A Travelog of Ivalice, by a Raving Madman

Alhazred

May 10, 2012
Well, I think that deserves a standing ovation. What a spectacular review of a spectacular mess of a game. Perhaps it's time to dust off the PS2 and finally finish this, what may well be the last good Final Fantasy game...

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
So I finally got around to putting this into a PDF, so if you've been waiting for that and don't want to read along in a forum, the alternative exists now.

Unless I find a filehosting service that is both free AND non-skeezy, just PM me and I'll send it to whoever wants it.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
Like Alhazred already said above, if anything on the internet deserves a standing ovation, this most certainly does. Sadly, I don't have the equipment to record me doing so, so I hope that you'll be willing to take my word for it.

It's really not possible to overstate just how wowed I am by this labor of love/ire. Out of curiosity, I tried to copy and paste Rocketeer's ...essay? editorial? large body of words into a word processor so I could get an exact word and page-count. However, once the document broke 50 pages and started to chug, I figured that a rough estimation might suffice.

Still, let's make one thing clear: Even if I couldn't count them all, I read almost every single god damn word of this masterpiece. And I enjoyed it. The writing was smooth, understandable, and fucking delicious to swallow, chock full of worthwhile ideas and brilliant arguments. Final Fantasy VII was a game I played for all of two weeks, nearly six years ago, and since then I haven't given it a second thought. At least, not until I spotted this in the Escapist forums. Now I don't think I'll ever see it the same way again.

Thanks, TheRocketeer. This was absolutely amazing.