Final Fantasy XIII Producer Wants a Sequel

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
I enjoyed FFXIII, but I just wouldn't want to see a sequel. The game ended in a good place, with all the characters getting a pretty good deal out of it.

If they're going to do anything, I'd like to see something prequel-based. The best thing outside of the 'main' series was Crisis Core. Maybe we can learn about Lightning's past, in that same vain?

digital warrior

Oct 17, 2008
Jiraiya72 said:
I enjoyed this game. I'm pretty sure most of the haters have no valid reason for not liking it. So what it isn't like the rest? That doesn't make it a bad game. Just pretend it's named something else. Better now?
Ok I'll judge it on its own merits. The combat is uninvolving the characters are uninteresting and most of the game consists of hallways with similar over-designed monsters. The story is poorly told and I have to read a novels worth of back-story glossary shit to know whats going on. I could make a three page rant on why i didn't like it so I'll stop here.
You may have liked it thats fine, but I and many other people don't boo and malign ff13 because is "different" we boo and malign it because we find it for its boring, annoying, and bad.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'd buy it...I didn't care for the story too much, but I loved the combat.

I'd rather a Sazh focused sequel, though.

Because Sazh is awesome.

Mako SOLDIER

Dec 13, 2008
Amnestic said:
Nifty said:
I don't want the FF XIII characters to have happy endings. They don't deserve it.
They all got happy endings anyway as I recall.

Lightning got her sister back, found a new friend/"younger brother" figure in Hope and saved the world. She seemed pretty content.

Snow got his woman back and they were getting married with Lightning's blessing.

Sazh got his kid back and his Chocofro was safe.

Hope found a new family with Lightning, and was on good terms with his Dad and saved the world at a young age which meant he was going to be dripping in poon for the rest of his life.

Fang and Vanille...I dunno, they turned to crystals but they seemed pretty okay with that so I guess they were happy enough.

To me, they all seemed pretty happy with how it ended.

Feneture said:
How about they make a sequel to FF7.
They made two: Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. You really want another one?
I know you didn't ask me, but...

Considering that the story of both of those, along with Crisis Core, massively sets things up for a final full fledged installment, yeah, I personally want another one.

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
If we see the same huge drop in quality as in X to X-2, I'll just say HELL NO!

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
Please no. The first one wasn't worth playing, how can the second possibly be better? Are you actually going to have an open world instead of a semi-interactive movie?

How about we get on finishing that FFXII sequel you guys murdered a few years ago? Huh?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats a shame about the Sony and MS part...but glad to see the stories and ideas are not been thrown away and will get used somewhere else andin another game!

I wouldnt mind seeing some expansion onto Lightnings story though, and the other characters. I mean, after the reception of X-2 I can understand why they might be alittle hesitant, but. Id certainly be willing to give them another go as long as it wasnt another glorified charlies angels

AaronDemoncia

Jul 14, 2010
Gunna have to go with a no on this ¬.¬ this travesty needs to die as it is, and lightning is going to get more screen time in Dissida 2 which is more than they should ask for imo. Granted im going to enjoy beating her around in that. Might get enough novelty for having payed 25 dollars for her game xD

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
ProjectTrinity said:
This is one Final Fantasy that I rather not see DLC or sequels to. I felt like the game only had a few decent moments after the 2nd final battle. Everything else? Not so much if you're familiar with JRPGs outside of Final Fantasy. Actually, I have a lot of negative comments on this game's story. Not so much the awesome battle system. (Though it flaws itself when common battles can take up to 10 minutes to win.)
Cool, now all I have to do is quote the first post.

Please no. no no no no no...

Try going back to what made you good, and continue doing that over and over again. It's worked so far.

If you're going to make a sequel, go make another movie and leave the poor games alone.

Lasharus

Ruler of the Eggman Empire
Mar 26, 2010
Just to summarise my thoughts when I read this article.

*start reading* "Oh hell no"
*mid-reading* "Oh hell no"
*finished reading* "Oh hell no"

Final Fantasy XIII was SHIT. Even now I don't understand in the slightest why it garners such immensely high review scores. The story was clunky, the gameplay was linear, the battle system wanted to involve the player as little as humanly possible, and the characters were atrocious, with the possible exception of Sazh.

Final Fantasy XII disappointed me, but didn't make me leave the series. XIII pretty much did. They will have to do something SPECTACULAR in a new game to get my interest back. As it stands, this game does not deserve even the consideration of a sequel. It's shit, it will remain shit, so please do not perpetuate the shit by adding MORE.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Considering people didn't want X-2 and the majority of people I've spoken to seem to hate XIII I can't see how XIII-2 is supposed to be something people want either.

Missing SHODAN

Jun 9, 2010
Jiraiya72 said:
I enjoyed this game. I'm pretty sure most of the haters have no valid reason for not liking it. So what it isn't like the rest? That doesn't make it a bad game. Just pretend it's named something else. Better now?
What.

News flash: many of us who didn't like FFXIII didn't like it because it was not an enjoyable experience. You could have called it "Corridor: the Walking" and the only difference it would have made for me is I wouldn't have bought the game in the first place on account of having no nostalgic feelings about it.

Yes, I know the game supposedly gets really good after 20+ hours and the fact that I only played it for 15 hours before going "I am sick of this bullshit" means that I apparently missed out on the enjoyable part. I don't care. Expecting a player to go through 20 hours of shit to get to fun is not the sign of a well-designed game.

I don't really care if they make a sequel, but I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole either.

Sir Prize

Dec 29, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
Being one of the 'haters' I can safely safe that I DID have a valid reason and I have played the other games, and have to say that it being edifferent wasn't the problem. Story wise it was alright but they screwed up the combat system a heck of alot and made slightly boring. Sory, but just because people dislike something you like doesn't mean they don't have reasons that are understandable.