Final Fantasy XIII Release Date Confirmed

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Wow. Seriously. That kind of price tag is really something.
This was a title I was planning on getting new, early on. I'm definitely going to have to wait for a while before I go for that one. I can't afford regular game prices new, let alone that kind of increase.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Oh no... don't tell me other developers are going the same route as Acti-bloody-vision and selling games at a premium price too... if this happens in this generation of consoles, I'm going to start calling for a general strike against all game developers who attempt this. seriously, no way am I going to buy a game for £58!

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
95 dollars my ass. No game is ever worth that kind of money. I'll just wait for a year or so after the release in Canada and it'll drop down considerably. I just hope that this game comes close to the hype.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Ninety-five dollars?

I'm sorry, but that game had better be one of the best games ever if I'm going to shell out THAT much money for it. I'm hoping that this is just the price for the CE, and that someone misspoke.

Of course, even if it IS $95, I'll wait for the price to drop to at LEAST $70 and check out loads of reviews before making my purchase.

yeah_so_no

Sep 11, 2008
Looks like I'll be waiting until Dec. 18th to fly back to the US for winter break.

And that price is about normal for a PS3 game in Japan. Preordering can get it for about 8000 yen, which is what I'll be doing.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Whoa nelly. This better give me a braingasm for thirty hours straight if it costs that much dinero.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
This will be awesome.

But if it's going to take that long for an aussie release then I might even import it. Does anyone know if the Japanese version will have an English dialogue option?

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
This is bullshit!!! If it comes in the spring (i'm assuming that is Australia's Autumn (how awesome is the word 'autumn'?) then I won't be able to get it as a gift for 9 months (both my b'day and chriustmas are in Aussie Summer (winter for the yanks))

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Simalacrum said:
Oh no... don't tell me other developers are going the same route as Acti-bloody-vision and selling games at a premium price too... if this happens in this generation of consoles, I'm going to start calling for a general strike against all game developers who attempt this. seriously, no way am I going to buy a game for £58!
My thoughts exactly.
Looks like £55 quid will be the new typical release price for high profile games over the next year or two until some developer decides to up the price again.

Even with 2 jobs, £55 is hardly pennies for me, its gonna take a lot of saving for me to afford all the games I want in 2009/10.