Final Fantasy XIII, why quit after Gran Pulse?

Ghast

Jul 25, 2011
I quit 5 hours into the game. I just could not for the life of me take it any more.

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
The third reason.

Every enemy was a boss fight in and of itself. And it wasn't for a lack of leveling up. Battles took forever, leveling up took forever, and the whole thing just became a crawl.

I liked it better when it was guiding me along, if Gran Pulse is what they mean by "opening up." But then, I also adored FFX.

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
I must be strange because I really enjoyed XIII and never once regretted buying it. I mean I got it for $30 so that might be part of the reason it was also my first FF game aside from the MMO one.

UltraStationJin

Jul 2, 2008
Well I'm at Proudclad Part 2 and after countless attempts, I believe this is where I throw in the towel.

I get to the point where he transforms. His health replenishes and he buffs himself upp and I am just unable to heal myself fast enough to keep up with his assault.

I believe this is why people quit. The nonstop boss battles that keep haulting your progress in the game back to back to back just gets to be too much. As if you're playing Shadow of the Colossus and I give up now. Cannot beat him.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Wolfram23 said:
I'm not sure if I got to Gran Pulse. I do remember some sort of frozen ocean or something. It looked cool... I know I got a little further than that area. I think I was around 30-35 hours into it.

I just finally decided the combat was shit, the story was shit, the exploration was shit, and most of the characters were shit. Basically I wasn't having fun so I exchanged it for Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
So it took you 35 hours to determine that the game is not fun.

Righty ho then...

I knew the game was a load of crap in the first few hours, you must of had some fun with it if you played it for that long.