Final Fantasy XV Is Still Happening, Demo Available 2015

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Doesnt look bad, the boy band thingy looks a bit cringeworthy but I do have to admit that the game has a sense of style mixing the leather jacket dudes riding a big ass car with swords and wild life.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
It looks fine and dandy but I'd love to see something more traditional. A proper sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics? No? All right then I will be waiting :(

On a side note, the overall aesthetics of this one remind me of FF8.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
james.sponge said:
It looks fine and dandy but I'd love to see something more traditional. A proper sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics? No? All right then I will be waiting :(

I can understand that sentiment, though personally I'm of the opposite opinion. It's true that the last FF game was sci-fi, but in the years since then we've had a metric ton of AAA "knights and wenches" Tolkien-style WRPGS and JRPGs pretending to be WRPGs.

I'll take the boy band thing (though I maintain they look more like anime reservoir dogs than anything) just give me a AAA JRPG that isn't ashamed to be a JRPG.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
"This is amazing!"

I would have said when I was fourteen. I was in middle school when they announced this, and now I'm about to graduate from college. Apparently Nomura isn't even working on this now? I know he's overindulgent, but at least he makes fun games. Now he hasn't released a major title in almost ten years. Frankly... frankly I just don't care anymore, Square Enix.

Hey, did you all know they're releasing a new Persona game? It's true, they have a new trailer and everything.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
RandV80 said:
So you're a traveling boy band?
Yeah its giving me a Jojo Golden wind vibe with the boy band aesthic and gangter theme, I do kinda look forward to this game

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
In addition, Tetsuya Nomura has stepped down from the role of director for Final Fantasy XV so that he can focus on Kingdom Hearts III, Square Enix CEO Yosuke Matsuda said in a prepared statement. Hajime Tabata, who directed Type-0 and Crisis Core, is the new director for Final Fantasy XV.
In all seriousness, Tetsuya should have stepped down a LOOONG time ago.
Having one man, in control of 2 of the most wanted games... well yea, 8-9 years down the line and we're only JUST getting more trailers and a demo (in 2015)

If he would have stepped down from the beginning and had 2 separate people work on the franchises like now, we would probably have gotten more and sooner.

Mr C

May 8, 2008
Trishbot said:
Baresark said:
Every time I see news about a new FF game, my brain just goes "MEH".

I think I'm burned out on hearing about things years in advance of ever seeing a finished product. I think the last FF game I was excited about was FFX. And that game was such a trudge for me that I have not been excited since. I was kind of excited about FFXIII, but playing it left me annoyed (though I did finish it).

What has happened to me? I have become a cynic about JRPG's, which is a damn shame.
No, you haven't. The games just took forever and weren't that good. I felt the same way at first...

... But then I played JRPGs like Lost Odyssey, The Last Story, Radiant Historia, Persona 4, and Xenoblade Chronicles and realized, no, JRPGs are still amazing. I didn't change; Final Fantasy changed. The same joy of exploration, of rewarding turn-based combat, of character-driven epic storylines with memorable villains, with bustling towns, rich history, and well-executed narrative, were well and truly alive in games outside of the Final Fantasy box. I just had to look for them.
Lost Odyssey is Final Fantasy as far I am concerned. That was an awesome JRPG.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Baresark said:
Every time I see news about a new FF game, my brain just goes "MEH".

I think I'm burned out on hearing about things years in advance of ever seeing a finished product. I think the last FF game I was excited about was FFX. And that game was such a trudge for me that I have not been excited since. I was kind of excited about FFXIII, but playing it left me annoyed (though I did finish it).

What has happened to me? I have become a cynic about JRPG's, which is a damn shame.
Considering every FF games does things differently, I'm going to say it's expected that not everyone will like all the entries, and I'd say that's exactly what happened to you, you just don't like the newest ones. Doesn't mean anything about JRPGs in general, and it doesn't mean you can't like any other.

Fox12 said:
Apparently Nomura isn't even working on this now? I know he's overindulgent, but at least he makes fun games.
Well, most people say it's because XV is as good as done, so there isn't that much to direct anymore. Good news for Kingdom Hearts fans.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
PapaGreg096 said:
RandV80 said:
Yeah its giving me a Jojo Golden wind vibe with the boy band aesthic and gangter theme, I do kinda look forward to this game
It's probably me just showing my age, but it reminded me of a bunch of Greasers on a road trip..

Still, looked kinda fun!

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
SO when will it come to PC? Thats about the only way I will play it before the launch PS4 consoles hit 200 used.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I hope they don't resort to giving you the plot via the in-game encyclopedia again (although I'll admit, I have no idea if they did this with XII-2 and LR).

What I really want to know is how did Travis Touchdown end up being the personal chauffeur for Cloud Strife, Noel Kreiss and an eye-scarred Lance Bass.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
With FFXIII going up for preorder on steam (and presumably decent sales figures for VII and VII), I'm hoping when XV comes out we'll get a pc release of it, too. Then again it might be crap, but I really hope square turns around their downward spiral; all the better if they do while finally welcoming pc gamers back into their audience.

Really, though, I just want kingdom hearts iii for my pc (been waiting two console generations for it).

Saidan

Aug 22, 2013
Final Fantasy: The Roadtrip. Not sure if it's complete bullshit, or the best idea that has ever surged from SE since IX.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
This actually looks like it could be fun. And you know why? Because the combat doesn't look like an RPG-type thing at all. I can't be sure, but it actually looked like real-time combat, or something close to it, complete with parcour-esque team attacks and manoeuvres... reminded me of both Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and TMNT: Out of the Shadows. If this turns out to be true, and the character dynamics in the 4-man team work well this could be a very different and vastly more entertaining Final Fantasy.
Then again, it could also be something akin to the hybrid combat system from FFXII, which was absolute bullshit. We'll see.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
RandV80 said:
You beat me to it! That was pretty much my exact thought watching the video.

Still gonna buy it tho :)

Feb 4, 2014
I thought I've also seen a TGS 2014 gameplay/tech demo of FFXV on youtube. It features the weather system where Noctis and get wet and dry up much to the pleasure of many (yaoi) fangirls/boys. Then they start fighting Goblins and a behemoth. During this sequence a menu (KH like?) is visible and magic is also used in the fight.

Here is the link (first time linker so hopefully it works):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZB3bW8MLmE