Final Fantasy XV Launch Trailer Features Giant Monsters and Ridiculous Swords

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Final Fantasy XV Launch Trailer Features Giant Monsters and Ridiculous Swords

Final Fantasy XV is out now, and the launch trailer gives you a look at what to expect.

Final Fantasy XV has been much anticipated, especially in light of how long we've been waiting for it. After roughly ten years in development, today is the day that everyone finally gets a chance to play the newest game in the long-running series. Square's jumping into the hype game by tossing out a launch trailer that features a little bit of everything, from combat to flying cars to chocobo riding.

Final Fantasy XV is available today on PS4 and Xbox One. Reviews thus far ranged from very, very good to mediocre. If you've played it, hop in the forums and and let us know what you think!

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
The music together with the fact that it stars a four-man ensemble in a sweet ride led me to be reminded of the TV series Entourage.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
That was....something. I know you're very out of touch with the history of your franchise Mr Square Enix, but Final Fantasy is in fact not, Saints Row.

animeprime

Feb 18, 2013
Was pretty good till the rap music started, had some world building and was starting to build tension. Then it was nothing but one way too fast shot of combat and random location after another. While I've usually enjoyed their games the commercials that Square produces have always struck me as really bad and tell you nothing about the product.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
"Final Fantasy XV Launch Trailer Features Giant Monsters and Ridiculous Swords"

And Hip-Hop! As any fan knows, you can't have an authentic Final Fantasy experience without Hip-Hop...

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
The Evolution of the Final Fantasy franchise:

-Sword and sorcery.
-Sword and sorcery, with some steampunk.
-Steampunk, with some sword and sorcery.
-Sword and sorcery, steampunk, yuppies with sports cars and hip-hop.

Square Enix is a company consisting entirely of manic schizoaffectives.

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
Man, screw all y'all. I am completely on board with Final Fantasy: Bishie Road Trip.

If this and Last Guardian review well, it may finally be time for me to get a current gen console.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
The game's pretty entertaining for what it's worth, but that song used in the trailer does the game injustice...

animeprime

Feb 18, 2013
Kibeth41 said:
CaptainMarvelous said:
Where's the mediocre reviews? Lowest I've seen was 8/10 which is pretty solid
I'm questioning that too.. Lowest I can see on metacritic is 60/100.. And that's a singular reviewer. And 60/100 is still fairly above average.
Nah man, don't you know how video game scores work?

10: Literally perfect in everyway, only the most innovative games of their generation or have the name Zelda in the title can achieve this.
9.5-9.9: Good and will be enjoyable for a while.
9.0-9.4: Pretty good but held back from its full potential due to some flaws.
8.5-8.9: Average at best, but certain niche audiences may find some enjoyment.
8.0-8.5: Bargain bin game, mostly purchased by grandmas for grandchildren who are long practiced in faking thankfulness.
7.9 and below: The game is so bad the box might as well have been filled with live roaches instead of a disk.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Final Fantasy, giant monsters, ridiculous swords. In other news, water is indeed wet.