Final Fantasy's Cloud Strife is The Next Smash Bros. DLC Fighter

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Nazulu said:
Six dollars for a character is a fucking rip-off! Yeah, I think I can put Nintendo with the rest of the shit heap now.
Most fighting game characters cost $5-$10 post release. This isn't new. Not to mention that they're more than likely bundling him with his stage, mii costumes, and exclusive FF Smash remix music. And the obvious part, it's all optional.

Cool your jets friend, Nintendo is very lenient when it comes to DLC.

OT:
This is cool news. Simply based on the fact that Sakurai himself has officially broke the required entry for Smash. Meaning that simply being on affiliated with Nintendo isn't the pre requisites, being icon to gaming now counts.

The sky is the limit and I can't wait for the ballot reveal December... that being said think about it, Smash 5 is going to have a weeeeird cast. >.>

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
chysamere said:
T-Shirt Turtle said:
November 12, 2015, shall be remembered as the day FF7 fans the world over collectively creamed their jeans.
What? No? Why would Ps1 RPG fans be creaming their pants over a character being introduced into a brawl game on a non-Sony console. I seriously doubt there's much crossover between FF7 fans and smash brothers fans. The style of games are worlds apart.

Also I picture FF7 fans more as shorts wearers.
*AHEM*

Dress-wearing fan of both here, thank you very much >:c

Besides, many people play different game genres depending on their mood. Maybe they switch on smash for some quick-paced multiplayer fun, while they switch on FF7 because they want to be immersed in a massive, complex world with a story that could be considered an actual Epic? Not everyone confines themselves to a single system and/or genre, and such people love stuff like this.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
an annoyed writer said:
*AHEM*

Dress-wearing fan of both here, thank you very much >:c

Besides, many people play different game genres depending on their mood. Maybe they switch on smash for some quick-paced multiplayer fun, while they switch on FF7 because they want to be immersed in a massive, complex world with a story that could be considered an actual Epic? Not everyone confines themselves to a single system and/or genre, and such people love stuff like this.
I.E. the same philosophy Nintendo goes by. If people confined themselves to one mindset than SSB shouldn't even exist considering that we have tons of different series and genres represented.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
JagermanXcell said:
Nazulu said:
Six dollars for a character is a fucking rip-off! Yeah, I think I can put Nintendo with the rest of the shit heap now.
Most fighting game characters cost $5-$10 post release. This isn't new. Not to mention that they're more than likely bundling him with his stage, mii costumes, and exclusive FF Smash remix music. And the obvious part, it's all optional.

Cool your jets friend, Nintendo is very lenient when it comes to DLC.
Ok, One: Just because it isn't new, doesn't mean it stops being bad. I buy better games at that price.
Two: If they already have other characters that can be bought separately then it's highly likely he will be too.
Three: Coming with a stage is no where as great as a complete expansion pack that is loaded with new content. This will always be far better value for us. If they actually gave a shit about us, they would actually try to make it affordable.
Four: Optional or not, it is a product, and it will be judged for what it is. If you're the type that says "just don't buy it" as your main argument, then you're forgetting I can still talk about it too.

Also, I'm not going to cool my jets when these greedy scum holes keep finding new ways to drain us dry in new and annoying ways. So many people just except this rubbish when I'm usually disappointed because these billion dollar company's could be so much better. And I don't want to hear how they need to make money or that's life or some shit, I'm not the least bit interested in that crap.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Cloud was not amused by the lies told on death battle. He's coming for you Link, even if he has to cross consoles and corporate IP's in order to do it.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
MarsAtlas said:
Nintendo, Shantae or we riot in the mii plazas!
HEAR HEAR!

OT: So when's Goku and Shrek showing up in this game? I mean, Cloud part of that trinity of "never going to happen" characters. The other two are shoe-ins now :p

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Fox12 said:
Cloud was not amused by the lies told on death battle. He's coming for you Link, even if he has to cross consoles and corporate IP's in order to do it.
You are not the first, and I doubt you will be the last, to comment on Death Battle.

Actually, it should be interesting to have both set at Lv10 and just go at each other to see what happens.