Finally bit the bullet and created a tank game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macvanderspek

Jun 7, 2022
Country
India
Please do not use our forums to advertise. Thanks!
Hi guys,

I always wanted to create a game. Growing up in the 80s, I learned how to program at a young age. The wish to become a game designer and developer influenced my choice to become an IT professional. After my academics I ended up working in IT all over the world. But I still couldn’t shake the wish to create a game.

So I finally bit the bullet and did it. The result is Panzer Battle. It is actually a combination of the old games Conqueror (on the Acorn Archimedes) and Panzer General (PC strategy). You are a tank commander slowly upgrading your tank and gradually moving through the scenarios of World War 2.

I just launched the game and enhancements are incoming, but of course getting visibility is rough these days and even (or especially) for a free game it is hard to get noticed. So I was hoping if you guys at the escapist could give me a leg up. Would really appreciate it!

Links and videos are as follows:

iOS:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/panzer-battle/id1620308483

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sparklingapps.panzerbattle

Youtube:

Thanks and best regards,

Martijn van der Spek

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Looks like an asset flip. You are not allowed to advertise on these forums so.....

Macvanderspek

Jun 7, 2022
Country
India
Looks like an asset flip. You are not allowed to advertise on these forums so.....
Wow, that is harsh. You must be fun at parties. Of course I purchased some existing assets for this. All indie developers do, I would imagine. But it has been months of work already nonetheless. I am just looking for some feedback and advice from escapists who may enjoy a fun little game and like to be involved in the process of improving it and shaping it to become something more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.