Finally getting a Ps4 tomorrow:)

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Saw a deal for $400, comes with Destiny (with expansion) and Phantom pain. Figured 2 games I'd enjoy playing with the system was good enough and ordered it (Should be here tomorrow). Also grabbed Bloodborne for $30 as well (on sale).

Thats it for now, I'll pick up more RPG's as they are released. Might have been able to get a better deal if I waited longer, but figure it's time to jump into the next gen of systems finally (don't have WII U or Xbox one yet..may never get them at this rate).

I have a ton of PC games, and already have fallout 4 pre-ordered for my PC, but I saw enough new PS4 games coming out in the next year to make it worth getting finally for me.

Not sure if there are some decent digital games I will want to get on the system yet or not, but even with just the 3 games I'm getting, I feel like it is worth it for now. Now I just need to find time to actually play them!!

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
I am excited for you, I am still riding the wait train. (Part of me is still holding out hope the Wii-U will be my first purchase into next gen - but the PS4 is holding strong as the best value) But I know how excited I will be the day I make the jump myself. I heard Rocket League is free on PS+.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Well, good for you! If you're interested in games from the PSN then check out SOMA and Journey. Both very different but great experiences.

And check out the 'Uncharted Collection' coming out in about three weeks. Definately worth the price as you get three very, very good Action Adventures in one package. And Bloodborne, of course.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
LeathermanKick25 said:
Savagezion said:
I am excited for you, I am still riding the wait train. (Part of me is still holding out hope the Wii-U will be my first purchase into next gen - but the PS4 is holding strong as the best value) But I know how excited I will be the day I make the jump myself. I heard Rocket League is free on PS+.
It was a month ago, not anymore.

OT: Those three games should keep you occupied for a fair while.
That sucks, but yeah those three games are plenty. I really want to play Bloodborne but that's all that interests me on PS4 for now. If you haven't played Uncharted yet, I also recommend the collection soon coming out. I love those games. I have beat 1 like 6-7 times, 2 3-4 times and 3 only once or twice... I may still be on my second playthrough of 3. The great thing about that collection is that it ends well. So even if Uncharted 4 totally sucks (a whole new directing team leading 4's production) the original trilogy is strong and it ends well at 3. If 4 is great, awesome, but 1-3 is a well done complete package of the original team's work, if I do say so myself.

...and I do. XD

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Wow, that's a great price. Still waiting for a PS4 myself, though might need to wait for the holidays over here. In Ontario, you can only get a new PS4 in a bundle for $450 plus tax (which totals to around $500. It's actually more expensive now than it was at launch because of the crappy dollar). More for the bundles with PS+. Wouldn't be a huge issue if there weren't games I didn't want (Destiny, sports games, Batman, etc) or already have on PS3 (TLOU). Need to get myself into that Bloodborne action.

Have fun! :D

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Raggedstar said:
In Ontario, you can only get a new PS4 in a bundle for $450 plus tax (which totals to around $500
Same boat. I am just going to wait for the price to decrease in a year or two. There also aren't any games that are really exciting for me. Once it gets to around 300 I will pick it up. The only game I am really looking forward to is the FF7 remake, just because nostalgia. I bet there will be a FF7 bundle for 350 or something, then I will get it then.

Anyway, enjoy it OP.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I will be buying my PS4 in time for Fallout 4. I know its out in November, but its sure taking its sweet time getting here. But I have Skyrim and Life is Strange to finish in the mean time.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
wulfy42 said:
I saw enough new PS4 games coming out in the next year to make it worth getting finally for me.
My advice: get more storage for it now before you get too far into it. I keep hearing 2 things:

2 TB limitation:
2 TB Limit can be overcome.

You can replace the 500 Gig with a 2.5" 2TB drive. Nyko has an add on allowing you to add a 3.5" drive which tend to be faster than 2.5". This video I watched had the guy saying he ran into trouble with 4 TB, then saying after adding a ton of games, still had 2.5 TB left over. I don't get it. But the 500 Gig the PS4 comes with? It'll be gone with your first 10 games.

Example:

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Sadly I already got Fallout 4 for the pc (but it was a nice sale...only 45$ at gamersgate. Console commands are kinda nice for fallout games sometimes, as are mods, so it's probably going to be the best system to play it on.

I already have 2 ps3's (2 ps2's and a ps1 as well), so I played the infamous games, the uncharted games and most of the good ones on the ps3 (ended up getting another ps3 for downstairs to watch netflix on our main tv...since it cost as much to do that as get an apple tv etc at the time).

I was looking at sword art online, as that seems pretty decent and my system came with a 20% off coupon code. Thing is, it's a coupon code for your entire order...and there are some good games coming out before it expires (Feb of 2016), so I think I'll wait and see if there are any other games I want as well. Have not even fired up any of the 3 I have yet (it's too late to start tonight).

Just got my system all set up, logged into the store etc. I'll get a chance to play a bit before work tomorrow.

Anyway thanks for the encouragement and tips. I may sell phantom pain though cause I havn't played a MGS game in like 10+ years...and it's selling for $50 on amazon still.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Congrats, I 'spose. Just got myself a PS4 as well. Ordered the Destiny special edition version of the console from Amazon just last week. Cost me roughly $350USD, which was a shockingly good deal.

So far the only games I have on it are Destiny (duh), COD: Ghosts, and Killzone: Shadow Fall. Planning to pick up Infamous: Second Son when I find a version for $20 or less, as well as Little Big Planet 3 (maybe).

If anyone has any other game suggestions[footnote]Note that I have a really good PC, of which I use more commonly for gaming, so cross-platform titles would likely be purchased for PC rather than my PS4.[/footnote] I'd appreciate hearing them. :)

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Hey if you like games like Civilization or Crusader Kings this game looks pretty cool. With it being made by the same people who did Port Royale, this may translate to console decent enough. It looks like they are trying emulate Civilization's simplistic design. But the trade system looks similar to the Anno series, which is my favorite RTS trading model.

It's also available on Steam but its interface should translate well to consoles (though point and click still wins out for strategy):

Game starts at 00:48, Then he does a bit of diplomacy.

At 03:55 he shows you the city screen and explains a bit.

At 06:55 He shows development points, which looks like a perk system for technology.

His scout encounters bandits and he enters combat at 11:25, then a bit later he shows the reinforcement system but doesn't really use it.

16:45 he shows more town building options instead of industry buildings.

Odd to promote a PC game on a ps4 game but right now its on sale for $35 on Steam and releases in 24 hours. But it is on PS4 too.