Finding friends/relationships

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I seem to have problems meeting people where I live. I live in the buckle of the bible belt and I'm atheist/agnostic, so that tends to be one problem. I am 21, but I'm already out of college (graduated a year ago), and now a programmer. Pretty much every programmer around here is 8-10+ years older than me and already have families. I'm not much into the bar scene, either. Anyone have any advice on how to meet friends or even begin to try and find a girlfriend?

Rylot

May 14, 2010
What are some of your hobbies? Are there any hobby groups in your area that you'd be interested? Maybe volunteer at an animal rescue, hospital, soup kitchen, just somewhere that gets you out of the house and interacting with people. You can only make friends with/date people you've met so meet as many people as possible.

Thegreatone

Aug 20, 2012
Try volunteering . I'm currently facing similar problems and that's on my to try list i'll be starting in a month or so personally . Apart of that you could try dancing lessons lots of girls and almost no men .

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
As far as hobbies go, video games, programming, guns (a little), and metal (music). I do go to a .NET Users Group (programmer group if you don't know what .NET is), and actually went tonight, but it is only once a month. Oddly enough, I also go to a christian group at a college here (gets me out of the house and around people my age). I've tried looking for video game groups, atheist groups, or even just people that like metal and haven't found much of anything.

I might try volunteering, didn't really think of that before, thanks for the idea! Past day or two I've been considering trying to find a martial arts class to take a few nights a week to get out, meet people, and get in better shape (sitting at a computer all day really doesn't help staying in shape).