Finer Points Part Three

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Draconalis said:
Slycne said:
She isn't legendary either, so you drop another and your power doubles.

Odric, Master Tactician is also looking really good for my white deck.
Oh believe me... that little fact did not elude me :D

I like Odric... but he seems better for white and green decks that can be more tricksie

Case in point, you can get deathtouch in green.
True, though the bane of most white weanie decks is the game dragging out and big blockers hitting the board. Odric is essentially free unblockable every turn for any kind of token generation or flood of small creatures decks.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Slycne said:
True, though the bane of most white weanie decks is the game dragging out and big blockers hitting the board. Odric is essentially free unblockable every turn for any kind of token generation or flood of small creatures decks.
Ah, true. I hadn't thought about "You control the blocks" in terms of "No one should block this turn"

Pretty good... I'll have to keep that in mind.

Farthing

Jan 28, 2012
The real limit on Odric is the three other attacking creatures thing. Other than that its basically "creatures you control are unblockable and have provoke". Not actually provoke, but pretty close.

Odric does go against the grain of exalted, but when most of your exalted is tied to Sublime Archangel, that probably won't hinder you much. Flood weenies, win with Odric or Sublime.

Also, supposedly they are straight up reprinting rancor. XD

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Encaen said:
Quoting for attention grabbing PMs
Slycne said:
Same as above
The new Lillina.... Buh...?

Her ultimate.... but the time you can get it off... you have 7 land already... why do you need 28 mana in standard black?!

I just... don't understand.

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Draconalis said:
Encaen said:
Quoting for attention grabbing PMs
Slycne said:
Same as above
The new Lillina.... Buh...?

Her ultimate.... but the time you can get it off... you have 7 land already... why do you need 28 mana in standard black?!

I just... don't understand.
I have to assume they're going to give us some variety of mana sink for this. Liliana's Shade is a good start, though not terribly exciting. Maybe they're reprinting [mtg_card=Drain Life] or something and we're just going to be able to win on the spot?

Also of note, [mtg_card=Rancor] is apparently confirmed! [http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/twtw/199]

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Draconalis said:
Well disregarding deck restrictions, you can cast everyone's favorite (and being reprinted) "I'm an ultra efficient CMC vampire" seven times. [mtg_card=Vampire Nighthawk]

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Encaen said:
I have to assume they're going to give us some variety of mana sink for this. Liliana's Shade is a good start, though not terribly exciting. Maybe they're reprinting [mtg_card=Drain Life] or something and we're just going to be able to win on the spot?

Also of note, [mtg_card=Rancor] is apparently confirmed! [http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/twtw/199]
Of note... she pulls a swamp, not a basic swamp... so in theory you can pull any of your land types that share swamp. splash in a little red and you can fireball to the face for 24!

We'll just have to wait and see... but her ultimate just feels.... off.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Slycne said:
Draconalis said:
Well disregarding deck restrictions, you can cast everyone's favorite (and being reprinted) "I'm an ultra efficient CMC vampire" seven times. [mtg_card=Vampire Nighthawk]
I hate vampires... like REALLY hate vampires thanks to Anne Rice... anything vampire related simply earns my scorn...

And even I can't help but use the nighthawk....

NIGHTHAWK! WHY YOU SO GOOD!?