Fire Emblem Fates - What is the point of Birthright and Conquest?

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Foolery said:
Cash-grab. No really, that's it. From what I understand, even the non-special edition carts have all three paths, with shared data. You're just paying for an unlock.
Any chance that I could get a source on this? If they're including all of the data on the cart, and then blocking it off, that'll tip me towards not buying it.

People keep making the argument that we're essentially getting 3 FE games (it's closer to 2, maybe 2.5), if you want to pony up the initial 40 bucks, then 20 for the other path, and 20 for Revelations, oh and another 18, if you want the first of additional map packs to come.

I don't like it. The series wasn't selling so hot before Awakening, and now Nintendo seems to be pushing how much they can get out of Western fans.
Personally, I'm willing to pay for good content. If we really are getting about 2.5 games worth of content for a little bit extra, that's not a problem for me.

That's a pretty big if, though. I guess I'll find out tomorrow, when the review embargo expires. Until then, I'm going to view the release with cautious optimism. I'm really looking forward to a new FE game, and I'm praying that Nintendo doesn't fuck it up.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
I was one of those suckers that bought the special addition. I'm still pretty excited for the game, but if the reviews do say this was nothing but a cash grab well, I was warned.