First Assassin's Creed Movie Trailer Features Leap of Faith, Jarring Music

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
First Assassin's Creed Movie Trailer Features Leap of Faith, Jarring Music

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1321/1321182.jpgThe first trailer for the Assassin's Creed movie looks promising, if they'd just change the music.

The Assassin's Creed movie has been the subject of plenty of rumors over the past year or so, but it looks like it is finally coming to fruition. The first trailer for the film staring Michael Fassbender is now available, and it shows off a look at the film's two settings: a quasi-modern day Abstergo and the Spanish Inquisition of the late 15th century.

At least in this reality, Abstergo has moved from kidnapping people to using those who were executed and then apparently revived. I'm interested to see how this twist on the story plays out, and what they do with the modern-day scenes in the film.

In the trailer, you'll see Fassbender in both his roles: Callum Lynch, and Aguilar - his 15th century Spanish assassin ancestor. Keep an eye out for a brief Jeremy irons sighting as well.

If the first trailer is any indication, the movie is showing some promise, although I can't for the life of me figure out why they chose to set the action scenes to I Am A God by Kanye West. Whether you like the song or not, it just feels out of place from the setting. Hopefully, the movie's actual soundtrack won't make the same mistake.

Assassin's Creed is headed to theaters on December 21, 2016.

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
In almost all the games he is a lone assassin, here's I see he has much better company, ironic considering the Ubisoft controversy after AC 4 release.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
It's kind of weird that, what I suspect is the Animus, is attached to his but.

47_Ronin

Jul 30, 2012
Bob_McMillan said:
I just learned that the music is from Kanye West. OF COURSE.
I don't think I have ever listened to a Kanye song (actively), but I find his voice to be very recognizable.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I don't often say this, but that looks absolutely terrible and we should have no part in it.
Its just another generic high-octane, non stop action movie with a sexy love interest and more than its' fair share of Inception BWWAA.

Exactly what I thought Hollywood would do with a game like Assassin's Creed.

Calling it now, there will be a massive sci-fi explosion and car chase. Because Hollywood. Because all video games are the same, amirite?!

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
ffronw said:
At least in this reality, Abstergo has moved from kidnapping people to using those who were executed and then apparently revived.
uhm... no, they didn't. That no one is looking for him now, since he is officially dead was just the cherry on top of his DNA-memory, which they would acquire no matter how.

Ok, besides that- can anyone in this movie actually talk. Mumbling into their coat does not automatically imparts gravity, as the cast seems to think.

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
ffronw said:
Willinium said:
. . . . . . . . . . Needs more Creed. " I STAND ALONE! INSIDE I! STAND ALONE!"
Psssssst...That was Godsmack.
. . .Wait was it? . . .Well shit. . . I guess I lose my Rocker Cred card now. . . Don't I feel silly now.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
The music is pretty damn awful, and I feel dirty just listening to Kanye's music.

But that trailer shows promise and I'm pretty interested to see how the Animus is used. Also, curious that they chose the Spanish Inquisition, but I suppose that it's fitting since no one would expect it. :p

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Willinium said:
. . .Wait was it? . . .Well shit. . . I guess I lose my Rocker Cred card now. . . Don't I feel silly now.
Nah, not knowing which songs are Creed songs doesn't hurt your rocker cred in the slightest.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
I'm starting to suspect this movie was made for tax reasons, and not to actually make a successful movie.

Looks pretty faithful to the games, however, right down to the comically incompetent soldiers.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
BloodRed Pixel said:
ffronw said:
At least in this reality, Abstergo has moved from kidnapping people to using those who were executed and then apparently revived.
uhm... no, they didn't. That no one is looking for him now, since he is officially dead was just the cherry on top of his DNA-memory, which they would acquire no matter how.

Ok, besides that- can anyone in this movie actually talk. Mumbling into their coat does not automatically imparts gravity, as the cast seems to think.
Or, more likely, they faked his death but made it look convincing enough for them to take the "corpse" away, no questions asked. What's not clear is how Lynch makes contact with the modern day Assassins.

The action looks good, the setting should prove interesting (cue Spanish Inquisition jokes), but I also had issues with the song choice. Maybe something from the games, like this one from II:https://youtu.be/QOlSpz9kH5c

Or this one from III (yeah, yeah, say what you will about the game, but this still sounds cool): https://youtu.be/EevWu6A1LPM

Sigh, crap. I suck at embedding things here.

Apr 28, 2008
And this is what it looks like with music from the actual games. From 2 I think.

Like, jesus guys, the games have great music. MAKE USE OF THEM.