First BioShock 2 DLC Revealed

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
ASnogarD said:
Let the milking commence...

By the time Take2 have finished with thier DLC plan, you guys would of paid £60 - £80 for the game.

Unless I am mistaken, unless you buy the DLC you wont be able to keep playing the MP ? Right ?
Seeing as it's ranks/weapons/characters and not maps/game-modes then I would say it's safe to assume that you can carry on playing. Especially as unlike a lot of recent MP games, you can always choose what game-mode you play in ranked matches.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Yeah right, there's no way I'm turning to GFWL for DLC, even if Bioshock's multiplayer is a lot of fun. 40 ranks are plenty for me.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I just started the Multi-player on Bioshock 2, and it is certainly better then I thought it would be. Although I find it a bit laggy. I don't seem to have any lag problems with Halo 3 though.

I am not to excited about the DLC though, I would have prefered single-player content. Granted the MP might grow on me..

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Rank 50? My obssessive nature will take me to that rank.

Not to mention getting Rank 40 doesn't take any more than 20 hours if you don't suck.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Machines said:
Agreed. It pisses me off, especially when the DLC is normally on the disc already and you simply unlock it by buying.
The only game this has ever even remotely applied to (that I'm aware of) was Resident Evil 5. Has any game ACTUALLY done this? (If it has, I'm not aware of it)

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
too late 2k I bought bioshock 2 and found it extremely wanting the multiplayer is trash and the single player was less because you concentrated on a multiplayer *the single player existed for the sole reason of making money not expanding on the rapture universe* Once I get my achievements its getting sold.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
How about you do a Single Player DLC. That's what i think most want and what most play Bioshock games for.

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
what happened to Single Player DLC.....

i want more plasmids/tunics and maybe a side quest like that Sander Cohen guy =/ i loved the supporting characters in Bioshock , Bioshock 2 lacks this!

Critical92

Oct 12, 2009
ZeroDotZero said:
Machines said:
I was hoping for:
A mission based upon Mark Meltzer and his daughter, he gets captured in the game and we never find out what happens to her, it would have been nice for a new mission.
I presume she was the Little Sister with the Meltzer Rumbler, so in that case she would have either been rescued or harvested. I would like to play Meltzer's story through Rapture though, it would have probably been a lot more scary than Delta's.
Well, her name isnt Cindy, and she's a brunette (where as cindy is noted as having blonde hair)

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I might get it if it is cheap.Which it is.So,time to break out my dad's credit card.Or buy a PSN currency thingy.

Nageck

Feb 8, 2009
DirtyCommie said:
:(

I dont like this new trend of bringing out short games then charging extra for stuff that should have been in the original release anyway.

Fuck DLC. What happened to good old patches and expansion packs?
Agreed. I don't mind paying money for a lot of extra content, but this one seems like it would be better as a patch or a freebie. I hope if they release more extra content they have more content.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
Critical92 said:
ZeroDotZero said:
Machines said:
I was hoping for:
A mission based upon Mark Meltzer and his daughter, he gets captured in the game and we never find out what happens to her, it would have been nice for a new mission.
I presume she was the Little Sister with the Meltzer Rumbler, so in that case she would have either been rescued or harvested. I would like to play Meltzer's story through Rapture though, it would have probably been a lot more scary than Delta's.
Well, her name isnt Cindy, and she's a brunette (where as cindy is noted as having blonde hair)
Well I would put down the hair to laziness, but we don't see the girl's name anyway, so we can't tell at all.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Yea, not really interested in this especially since the characters/masks really have no effects and are just cosmetic...and even then when you play anything besides free for all your character is coated is just smeared in red or blue and you can rarely tell the difference between person to person.
20 Trails: Great, too bad they only grant adam which doesn't help a ton because you can easily amass adam through hacking/vials/research etc...
The trials have no real reward in themselves.
Rank 50: Pretty much the only reason they are raising the rank is so that you have to earn the new weapon attachments, I guess this is meant to just fool people into thinking they are earning their DLC content instead of it just being handed to them. Seriously think about it, if you just forked over the cash and the weapons you'd be like..huh I paid for some cheap skins and weapon attachments...
Also wasn't the point of rank 40 that the first protagonist comes crashing in and you're off to go bust his head open?

So in the end the DLC really isn't much of anything its custom skins and weapon attachments, the trials and rank is pretty much pointless.

Heathrow

Jul 2, 2009
Machines said:
I was hoping for:
A mission based upon Mark Meltzer and his daughter, he becomes a Big Daddy, but there was a lot of room for a story there.
Frankly, a much more interesting story than the back story provided for Delta himself. I was interested to see how all that panned out and was rather disappointed when
the storyline ended prematurely with you killing the Big Daddy Meltzer.

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
John Funk said:
Machines said:
Agreed. It pisses me off, especially when the DLC is normally on the disc already and you simply unlock it by buying.
The only game this has ever even remotely applied to (that I'm aware of) was Resident Evil 5. Has any game ACTUALLY done this? (If it has, I'm not aware of it)
Beautiful Katamari did, which pissed me off since it barely had any levels to begin with, and the DLC ones were the best.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
John Funk said:
Machines said:
I believe that the Prince of Persia 2008 has done it. Gears of War 2 I'm certain they must have done it with the maps, as half of the DLC were from the first game.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
This doesn't mean that I won't be able to play multiplayer without this DLC does it? For when I finally get Bioshock 2 anyway... Still, pretty cool, but couldn't they offer this stuff as free updates?

ShatteredBlack

Feb 9, 2010
I don't like the sound of this. While I have nothing against the concept of DLC, I feel that it should only extend to maps and skins.

What happens when players can buy better weapons is that the game creates classes of players - those with DLC and those without. 2K are allowing players to buy an advantage over other players and that just doesn't sit right with me.