First Code Vein Trailer Looks Like a Vampire Souls Game

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
First Code Vein Trailer Looks Like a Vampire Souls Game

If you were worried that Code Vein might have misappropriated that "Prepare to Dine" tagline, the newest trailer should allay those fears.

Last month, Bandai Namco teased a new game with the tagline "Prepare to Dine" and a revealed to be Code Vein [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170087-New-Bandai-Namco-Game-Teaser-Prepare-to-Dine], a new action RPG that casts players as vampires in a future world. At that time, the company showed off a ton of screenshots from the game. Now, Bandai Namco has offered up a new trailer, and it looks like the game is taking some inspiration from the Souls series.

As you can see, the gameplay looks pretty similar to what you might have seen in the Souls series. There are bosses shown off, and you get to see some of the supernatural abilities that the vampires can employ when they've collected enough blood.

It's got an anime feel, with a stylized fantasy art style. There's no word on when we might see Code Vein, beyond a vague 2018 release window, and we still don't know what platforms it will be on. Hopefully, we'll hear more soon.

[gallery=7325]

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
If this was an anime or a movie I would definitely watch it!
As a game though, it doesn't really interest me at all.
Especially not with that combat style and cinematic feel to it.
It doesn't exactly help matters either that it will likely be released on console first and then ported to PC.

Thanks for the tip though, if only they were more varied, categorized and multitudinous.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
everything I see screams out God Eater and yet everyone says it's a Souls game :/ what am I missing?

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Not really digging the character designs. I don't usually have any issues with the 3D anime style in video games, but in this case it heavily clashes with the aesthetic of the setting.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Mahorfeus said:
Not really digging the character designs. I don't usually have any issues with the 3D anime style in video games, but in this case it heavily clashes with the aesthetic of the setting.
I thought the same thing. The anime faces looked totally out of place.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
go-10 said:
everything I see screams out God Eater and yet everyone says it's a Souls game :/ what am I missing?
The fact that no one know's what God Eater is.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
RaikuFA said:
go-10 said:
it's a monster hunting game and also got a serviceable anime which this Code Vein looks a lot like

also Code Vein is made by the God Eater team which is why I think it looks so much like it.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
So they took Dark Souls, took out the shields, (Again) and threw in some animu vampire crap?
Why do you hate me From?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Looks like God Eater: Edge Edition.

And I am ok with that.

Dig the aesthetic something fierce.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
go-10 said:
RaikuFA said:
go-10 said:
it's a monster hunting game and also got a serviceable anime which this Code Vein looks a lot like

also Code Vein is made by the God Eater team which is why I think it looks so much like it.
I know. But I bet we're the only two on this site that know.

Cold Shiny

May 10, 2015
RaikuFA said:
go-10 said:
RaikuFA said:
go-10 said:

I know. But I bet we're the only two on this site that know.
I knew it! Am I cool now?

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Souplex said:
So they took Dark Souls, took out the shields, (Again) and threw in some animu vampire crap?
Why do you hate me From?
Pretty sure this isn't Fromsoft.

But yeah, this looks more like bloodborne then Dark Souls.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Fappy said:
Mahorfeus said:
I thought the same thing. The anime faces looked totally out of place.
Agreed. I reminds me of the humans in the Warcaft movie looking out of place when in their armor and when comparing them to the orcs. Only this is even more obvious. It'd be less jarring if their armor was at least consistent with their faces, but it really is just their heads that look like they're in the wrong game.

Tautology

Apr 5, 2011
It's like BloodBorne and God Eater got together, had a baby, and hosed Darksiders' post-apocalyptic setting with the afterbirth. I love it already! The anime look for the characters is a bit of a weird contrast to the rest of the game's look, but it otherwise looks pretty good.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Looks like Bloodborne by way of Darksiders. Certainly interesting, but I'm not sure how to feel. The crushing difficulty and slow progression of Soulsborne games is not something I seek out regularly, and especially the presentation of Code Vein makes me long for something more along the lines of Devil May Cry in terms of gameplay. I guess we'll see what it turns out to be, but I'm not on the hype train for this.