First Custom PS3 Firmware Hack Prevents Piracy

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
And then someone writes a homebrew app like ESR or HDLoader that allows end users to boot backups. You know it's only a matter of time. Of course, who in their right mind would want to try to install a 25-128GB game. It's ludicrous and not worth my time.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
matrix3509 said:
Forgive me if I'm talking out of my ass here but... if you don't want to play pirated game, why not just stop trying to hack your PS3 in the first place? Its like removing the timer from your microwave, then adding your own custom timer. Pointless.
Because they want to develop Homebrew, and the removal of Other OS prevented them from doing that. 90% of all hacking is a code monkey somewhere seeing what he can make on a system, for example making PSP games emulatable on the PS3. There's no real reason to other than seeing that you can.

you may have a point in thinking "Then why not just develop on PCs' but you aren't thinking like a code monkey. To them it's about devouring information.

pokepuke

Dec 28, 2010
matrix3509 said:
Forgive me if I'm talking out of my ass here but... if you don't want to play pirated game, why not just stop trying to hack your PS3 in the first place? Its like removing the timer from your microwave, then adding your own custom timer. Pointless.
Is it that hard to think up the advantages? Maybe if you're only 5 years old then you may have never seen anything different, which I don't suspect you are, but there are a million types of timers out there, many of them extremely shitty. Some are just dials that twist to a minute designation and have no options. Some are digital and let you add minutes while it is still running, and some of those also have presets for various foods. Obviously the consoles are now just compact computers and can do more than load up a game.